Actuarial Graduate Trainee - September 2023
Overview of the Advisory & Consulting service line
The Advisory & Consulting Service Line is a rapidly growing, award winning, global group of successful teams working together to present a go-to-market differentiator whilst delivering the highest quality of work for our clients.
If you are successful in securing a role on our training programme you will join a team of 600+ innovative specialists across a variety of sectors including Financial Services, Industry & Services, and Public Services with consultative expertise in Risk & Management Consulting, Internal Audit, Actuarial and all aspects of the Tech & Digital space. Our Advisory teams are at the forefront of large international infrastructure projects, global M&A transactions, high-profile forensic investigations, business valuations, corporate restructuring and creditor advisory services; all with the aim of adding value to clients by finding solutions to a range of financial issues as one collaborative team.
An introduction to our Actuarial team
Our growing Actuarial team provide a variety of traditional actuarial services to our clients including reserving, capital management, actuarial function, Solvency II, Statement of Actuarial Opinion, Pricing and IFRS 17. We have worked with insurance companies in personal lines and in the London Market in the UK and in Europe.
We also work closely with a variety of other teams including Financial Services Consulting, Risk Assurance, Financial Services, External Audit and Forensics to provide services including internal and external audit, Independent Expert, claims consulting and statistical sampling.
The role of an actuary is to assess and quantify financial risk. We are operating a hybrid working model, so as a trainee you will split your time between working from home, visiting the office, client sites when required or studying for your professional exams.
During your first three years you will:
- Help to prepare professional reports for client communications.
- Analyse data and populate actuarial models.
- Produce actuarial working papers.
- Perform actuarial projections.
- Support clients in producing regulatory forms; and
- Perform audit support work across our broad range of clients.
Your typical day will vary between:
- Supporting the delivery of actuarial services to a wide range of clients within the insurance industry.
- Producing models and financial reporting figures; and
- Developing client relationships through meetings, social activities and developing an understanding of their business/industry.
- Analytical skills: the ability to think critically, research and solve problems.
- Attention to detail and strong time-management skills.
- Interpersonal skills: the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed.
- Commitment to self-development & learning.
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity, and integrity.
Strong academic performance is important, so we know that you're ready to take your professional exams. However, we understand things don't always go to plan – so if you don't meet our minimum requirements, please let us know if you have any exceptional achievements or extenuating circumstances which affected your results. We also consider your achievements in the context of your socio-economic background, so encourage you to submit your contextual information.
- On track to receive or have obtained a 2.1 or above in a relevant degree (e.g. Maths, Physics or Actuarial Science)
- An A or above in A-Level Maths or equivalent
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points. This is based on the new 2017 UCAS Tariff. You can calculate your UCAS points here.
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
We will fund your study towards the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA) qualification.
You will receive a full study package to ensure that you successfully complete your professional qualification. This includes time off to study, attend college and complete online courses. Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training.
You will be supported by an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track. You will also be allocated a buddy, who will support you to settle into the team and navigate your first year at Mazars.
- Annual Leave +
- Charitable Giving
- Dental Insurance
- Wellbeing Benefits
- Virtual GP
- Cycle to Work
- Gym Discounts
- Life Assurance
- Flexible Benefits +
If you are interested in a career in professional services, we can offer you an exciting head start by joining one of our trainee schemes for school or college leavers.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :actuarial graduate trainee september mazars
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Trainee Reinsurance Analyst, European Operations
Data Analytics Graduate Programme
Babcock International Group
South West, Plymouth
Graduate Data Engineer – paid to train
£34k Starting Salary
Data Science Graduate Programme
Remote (work from home), South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire, Nationwide
Graduate Data Product Consultant (Technical Business Analyst) – paid to train
£34k Starting Salary
Graduate Software Developer (No coding experience required)