Actuarial (Life Insurance) - Graduate Development Programme
As an Actuarial graduate you’ll play a pivotal role in our business working alongside some of the most qualified actuaries and analysts in the industry.
You will have the opportunity to work in multiple actuarial teams to aid in your understanding. Within the life business you will work on life, health, pension, and investment products. This could include pricing new or existing products, providing actuarial support for group-wide projects, financial risk management and modelling, or reserving and financial reporting.
You will use a variety of data processing tools. You will present and communicate results to key and senior stakeholders.
To help guide you through your early experiences we run a mentoring scheme to help give you advice with structuring your exam and revision time. This is all underpinned by a comprehensive support programme including – membership and examination fees, study materials, tutorials and up to 50 days paid study leave a year.
What’s in it for you?
As well as joining a company that is passionate about sustainability and our customers, you can expect:
- £31,000 starting salary
- An excellent study support scheme
- 25 days holiday plus an additional 3 volunteering days
- Full private medical cover
- 12% company pension contribution
- Annual company bonus
- Discounted gym membership, discounted gadget insurance
- Discounted technology offers
What you’ll need:
- A 2:1 degree or higher (predicted or recently achieved) in any numerical or STEM undergraduate discipline
- A least 112 UCAS points - (or equivalent) from 3 A-level subjects which must include Maths at grade A
- A** to C grade (9 to 4) in Maths and English GCSE
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills, the ability to learn new technical skills and be comfortable with large amounts of data
- Willingness to work towards achieving FIA – Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries professional qualification
With about 55,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries we aspire to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees.