Aspire Women in Tech 2023
Helping women start careers in tech!
You want a career in tech, but unsure where to start? Our ‘Aspire’ program can help unlock your future. All we require from you are clear motivations as to why you want to start a career in technology.
Aspire is a 12 week instructor-led training course beginning on May 9th. Before the course starts, successful applicants must complete a free two-week ‘Introduction to Web Development’ course. You’re paid during the instructor-led portion and you will never be charged a thing. Aspire is designed for women from all degree backgrounds.
The first two weeks involve self-paced learning. Once you've completed this, you'll join a 12 week instructor-led course. During the instructor-led training, you’ll be paid £442 a week while learning practical skills. Expect a mix of lecture type learning, collaborative group work, and individual coding assignments.
Imagine learning the technical skills you need to become a software developer. In a class with other women who support each other to succeed. All while being paid to train. Sound too good to be true? Thanks to our ‘Aspire’ program, it’s very much a reality.
At the end of the training, we’ll work to place you into a tech role with a global leading employer via our graduate program. We have roles in Bournemouth and Glasgow.
How it works
1. Apply online:
2. Complete the assessment process: This will involve an intro call with a member of our talent team, an online problem-solving test, and final interview. We'll also look for you to demonstrate your passion for a career in technology.
3. Join the 14-week full-time online training course: The first two weeks involve self-paced learning. Once you've completed this, you'll join a 12 week instructor-led course. During the instructor-led training, you’ll be paid £442 a week while learning practical skills. Expect a mix of lecture type learning, collaborative group work, and individual coding assignments.
4. Have the support you need: Whether it’s webinars on key technical areas with Hristiana from our talent team, or drop-in sessions with our Academy Experience Managers, you’ll have a support network around you every step of the way.
5. Get access to careers at leading employers: After the training, the goal is to place you with one of our clients via our graduate program. Our clients include top investment banks and insurance companies. But the choice is yours. There are no ‘lock-in’ clauses or unfair contracts. You’ll never have to pay a thing.
What you’ll learn:
Starting with the basics, the course will equip you with the skills needed to become a professional Java Software Developer. By the end of the training, you’ll be able to:
- Explain basic concepts in computer programming, including computational thinking and creating algorithms.
- Create applications using the coding language ‘Java’ with appropriate types and variables.
- Demonstrate appropriate use of code layout, object names, and comments to increase code readability.
- Identify basic principles of object-oriented programming.
- Organize code by responsibility into types and layers using the MVC pattern.
- Explain the Agile development approach to building software.
The support you need, every step of the way:
- We’ll offer training session and technical webinars to set you up for success.
- Inspirational women speaker series: Get insights and advice from women who’ve worked in technology and the corporate world for decades.
- Career readiness support: Put your best foot forward by learning how to write a killer CV and ace those all-important interviews.
Get your foot in the door at a leading employer
During and after the training, you’ll have access to job opportunities via our graduate program.
We work with the biggest names in banking, technology, and insurance. We help them find driven graduates who are custom-trained in the skills they need. If you’re successfully placed, you’ll begin a 12-24 month placement with the client as a Wiley Edge employee. At the end of the placement, the majority convert to full time employees with the organization.
We don’t make you sign any unfair contracts and you’ll never have to pay a thing.
We Aspire for greater diversity in tech
It's no secret, the tech industry needs more diversity. The standard entry requirements for tech graduate roles can act as a barrier, preventing people with potential from getting the start they deserve. As a training and careers provider, we asked ourselves, what can we do to help more women start careers in tech?
‘Aspire’ is a training course specifically for women, taught by women. The program has been designed to encourage more women to participate in technology roles and to help solve the issue of low representation in the industry.
To learn more and apply click here, or click the apply now button below.
Wiley Edge is a graduate talent partner, working with a range of clients from global investment banks to up-and-coming FinTech’s, to provide them top technology and banking talent.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :aspire women tech wiley edge
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Graduate Software Developer (No coding experience required) - TPP
Wiley Edge - Graduate Software Engineer - UK
South West, London, North West, Scotland, Nationwide
FDM Graduate Software Development Consultant
Scotland, Yorkshire, Glasgow, Leeds
Information Technology Graduate Programme
Babcock International Group
South East, Portsmouth
Graduate Technical Engineer - TPP
KPMG 2023 Vacation Programmes - South West