Audit Graduate Trainee (IT Assurance) - September 2022
In Audit, you will join a growing team of over 1000 relationship driven, curious, problem solvers who add value to their clients daily. Our teams provide audit and assurance services which are vital to our clients' business control and credibility. Our expertise ranges from servicing private, entrepreneurial companies through to UK and internationally listed companies and groups, financial services, public sector bodies and some of the largest global organizations in the world. By joining a unique integrated structure, you will benefit from working in collaborative teams and be given responsibility for delivering robust and independent audit and assurance services in a supportive environment. Quality is at the centre of Mazars in terms of both our people and the service we provide our clients. We offer a distinctive, human-centric approach that goes beyond compliance, with an integrated structure that allows us to work seamlessly as one team.
We hold the fundamental belief that audit forms the foundations of a fair and prosperous world, we care about our industry and have long pressed for a debate on competition in the audit market. We believe that businesses and societies around the world deserve the benefits that increased resilience in the audit market can bring and are committed to playing an active role in shaping its future.
An introduction to our IT Assurance team:
As an Technology and Digital graduate trainee within the national team you will be responsible for delivering IT assurance and advisory work to a range of clients nationally and internationally. Our broad range of clients, including those in FTSE 350, allow you to gain experience across a range of sectors including:
- Financial Services, Banking, Insurance and Investment
- Corporates/Private Sector/Industry & Services
- Retail and Consumer products organisations
- Central and Local Government
At Mazars, you will have the unique opportunity to work on a wide range of technology with a focus on IT controls areas as you commence you career in technology. Joining the team as an IT Assurance specialist, you will work as an integral part of statutory audit teams, understanding how our audit entity manages its business and IT risks, focusing on the technology related to key business processes you will consider how IT risks related to the integrity are managed by focusing on domains covering information security, change management and IT operations as well as understanding how the organisation uses IT applications to manage their operations. You will also have the opportunity to work on controls reports produced by services organisations to allow their customers to have confidence in the control framework around the services provided. Finally, you will have the opportunity to work with clients as part of their internal governance framework to review internal control frameworks. The experience gained will allow you to really understand how businesses across a range of sectors operate and manage risk.
You will also be part of our Technology & Digital service line and while your initial focus will be on IT Assurance, you will have the opportunity to gain experience in wider services provided by the Technology & Digital services team which include the following:
- Cyber Security; ethical hacking and cyber security reviews
- Data Analytics; data analysis and modelling
- IT Advisory – IT strategy development, digital strategies and system selection
- Data Privacy; GDPR reviews
We are moving to a new hybrid working model, so as a trainee you will split your time between working from home, visiting the office, client sites when required or studying for your professional exams.
A typical day would involve:
- Responsibility for executing day to day IT Assurance and Advisory work and reviews; including contributing to closing meetings
- Client management; acting as a point of contact for both the Partner and client, ensuring both are kept fully informed of any issues arising and the progress of the work
- Delivering work to the highest technical standards including ensuring work is conducted in line with Mazars Quality standards
- Ensuring all work is undertaken to budget and meets client KPIs
- Building and developing long term relationships with senior stakeholders across our client organisations as well as within Mazars
- Maintaining control and stability under pressure whilst recognising the deadline or urgency to be dealt with
- Clearly understanding the wider service line capabilities of Technology Consulting and Assurance and the wider firm and how these may benefit your clients
- Supporting with proposals and pitches
- Identifying and transforming opportunities for new work
- Good verbal and communication skills – this role will include debriefing clients and report writing on a regular basis
- Ability to think creatively and generate innovative ideas. When performing engagements you will need to think on your feet to tailor exploits and bypass restrictions
- Interpersonal skills; the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility;
- Analytical skills; the ability to think critically, research and solve problems;
- Commitment to self-development & learning;
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity
Strong academic performance is important, so we know that you're ready to take your professional exams. However, we understand things don't always go to plan – so if you don't meet our minimum requirements, please let us know if you have any exceptional achievements or extenuating circumstances which affected your results. We also consider your achievements in the context of your socio-economic background, so encourage you to submit your contextual information.
- On track to achieve or have obtained a 2.1 in any degree discipline.
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points. This is based on the new 2017 UCAS Tariff. You can calculate your UCAS points here.
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
We will fund for you to study towards the ICAEW Certificate in Finance, Accounting and Business (CFAB) as well as ISACA Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
You will receive a full study package to ensure that you successfully complete your professional qualification. This includes time off to study, attend college and complete online courses. Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all of our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training.
You will be supported by a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
- Annual Leave +
- Charitable Giving
- Dental Insurance
- Wellbeing Benefits
- Virtual GP
- Cycle to Work
- Gym Discounts
- Life Assurance
- Flexible Benefits +
If you are interested in a career in professional services, we can offer you an exciting head start by joining one of our trainee schemes for school or college leavers.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :finance jobs leeds computing & it jobs leeds finance jobs manchester computing & it jobs manchester finance jobs london computing & it jobs london audit graduate trainee assurance september mazars
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Anti-Money Laundering Analyst
Cloud Engineering Graduate Scheme
£32,000 year one salary, rising to £40,000 in your second year
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide, Republic of Ireland
Graduate Technical Consultant
Technology Risk Graduate Programme - EY
London, West Midlands, Scotland, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Glasgow
Systems Engineering Graduate Programme - BAE
BAE Systems PLC
South East, Cowes, Gurnard
Graduate Programmes in Risk with PwC
Scotland, Edinburgh, Glasgow