Bakkavor - 1 Year Placement - Finance
- Competitive – will cover all reasonable living costs
- South East, East Midlands
- Apply by:
- 31st December 2018
- Start date:
- Job type:
Who is Bakkavor?
We are one of the biggest names in the food industry, providing fresh prepared products to supermarkets. You’ll find us in the factories and fridges across the land both in the UK and overseas, where we are establishing a fast-developing presence in the United States and China.
In total, we have 19,000 employees worldwide and our customers include some of the best known grocery retailers who sell our products to consumers under their respective retailer brands. That’s why we are proud to work with all the leading retail brands; it’s what keeps us busy! Would you like to work on a bigger scale and become a part of our ‘taste success’ story?
What you’ll gain
If you share our passion for great food, you can expect to receive opportunities, development and support to enable you to learn and grow throughout your placement. Expect to gain key skills in basic accountancy and finance and from day one you will play a pivotal part in the decision-making processes that help our business to grow and thrive. This entry-level placement will be perfect for someone who is ideally in the process of studying a finance related course (however other subject disciplines will be considered), as you will be given the knowledge and practical work experience required to complete your final year at university. Those candidates who complete successful placements will also be given the opportunity to re-join Bakkavor on the graduate scheme (CIMA accredited) post-qualification.
What you’ll need
• A desire to learn how food manufacturing works and to get into the detail of:
- Factory performance reporting
- Commercial appraisal
- New Product Development costing
• Some previous experience working as part of a team
• The ability to demonstrate excellent analytical and numerical skills.
• An ability to apply practical ideas and demonstrate your adaptability
• A curiosity to explore, learn and show initiative
• An ability to demonstrate good attention to detail
• A willingness to study the CIMA qualification upon completion of your degree (as this is a requirement to join our Finance graduate scheme)
Closing date for applications will be 31st December 2018 and for those people shortlisted, you will be asked to attend an assessment centre in February 2019.
If your experience matches our role, please forward your CV and a covering letter which outlines “Why you are interested in our placement” and your preference on location via the apply now button.
Sign up for job alerts - its free