Business Analyst Undergraduate 2023
MBDA Missile Systems – Together. For the Future of Defence.
Business Analyst 10 month Undergraduate Placement
An exciting opportunity has arisen within in the Major Equipment Procurement (MEP) function of MBDA. We are seeking a Business Analyst Undergraduate to join the MEP "Strategic Procurement Hub" team to develop solutions to proactively support the function in its decision-making process associated with sourcing and evaluating new and existing global Suppliers, which provide major sub-systems in support of provision of complex weapon solutions for the UK MoD and its allies.
The successful candidate will bring their professionalism, attention to detail and experience to contribute through improving the visibility, presentation, analysis and accuracy of Procurement data. They will convert business needs into deliverable requirements and work with a wider range of stakeholders to deliver an appropriate solution.
You will develop a broad knowledge of creating solutions and working with a variety of people to deliver capabilities that support current business operations and future business goals and aspirations.
Data and analytics forms the core of the Strategic Procurement Hub and you will work closely with Business Analysts, Data Analysts, Category Managers, Application Developers and the wider Function and business.
The role will be a mixture of understanding business operations, translating business needs into requirements, assisting projects from concept to completion and learning from those around you.
Key aspects of the role involve:
- Understanding the needs of the department and wider internal stakeholders.
- Generating requirement specifications based on these needs.
- Being involved in the implementation of solutions, working with internal stakeholders across the business, to deliver best value propositions.
- Assisting the development and monitoring the effectiveness of deployed solutions to ensure topicality.
- Sharing knowledge on how to analyse data (as required).
- Provide analytical guidance regarding the development and improvement of processes, tools and templates.
- The role will involve infrequent travel to other MBDA offices, within the UK and Europe.
Entry Criteria, Salary and Benefits:
- Undergraduate degree student in business or a quantitative subject (such as mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, physics or quantitative economics).
- Good stakeholder management to engage in effective relationships across the business to deliver solutions.
- Analytical and sceptical mind-set with an ability to suggest solutions to technical problems.
- Strong Microsoft Office suite capability especially for data analysis and presentations (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Data analyse software experience (Google Analytics, Minitab, B.I, R Studio etc.)
- £20,000 salary (pro rata)
- Programme commences September 2023
Why choose us?
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.
Apply now by clicking here, or using the 'apply now' button below.
MBDA UK Limited
MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multinational group with 10,000 employees at industrial facilities in France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Germany, Spain and the United States.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :business analyst undergraduate mbda limited
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Graduate Data Management Consultant – paid to train
£34k Starting Salary
Summer Analyst Programme
Competitive with excellent benefits
London, Scotland, Glasgow
Data Analytics Graduate Programme
Babcock International Group
South West, Plymouth
Data Science Graduate Scheme
Lloyds Banking Group
South West, London, Wales, Scotland, Yorkshire, Bristol, Cardiff, Edinburgh
Graduate Data Engineer – paid to train
£34k Starting Salary
Graduate Data Product Consultant (Technical Business Analyst) – paid to train
£34k Starting Salary