Client Development Executive - Clyde & Co - London
- Competitive + benefits
- 30th November 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Clyde & Co is a leading, sector-focused global law firm with 415 partners, 2,200 legal professionals and 3,800 staff in 52 offices and associated offices on six continents.
With a strong focus on developed and emerging markets, the firm has achieved compound average annual revenue growth of 15% over the last ten years, making it one of the fastest growing law firms in the world with ambitious plans for further growth.
The firm specialises in the sectors that move, build and power our connected world and the insurance that underpins it, namely: transport, infrastructure, energy, trade & commodities and insurance. Insurance is by far our largest service provision by share of turnover and allocated lawyers in the UK. We are the second fastest growing firm in the global top 100 since 2008, and have doubled in size twice in the last ten years.
To support and drive the ambitions of such a complex and growing business, we are building the world's leading Business Development & Marketing function. Key within this is our strong focus on client development. At the heart of this role is helping to drive the firm's strategic direction for their London Market programme. Clyde & Co are seen as the industry-leading law firm so the role involves working with the key industry players and top clients from the London insurance market, who have a global presence.
The role encompasses all aspects of client development, for example: strategy and research; key pitches and internal/external team meetings; developing marketing and business development activity that ties into the clients' needs; monitoring KPIs and reporting regularly back to the board and partnership on progress. This role covers a range of business lines and practice areas and assumes a high degree of involvement with the partners, associates and assigned clients, on a global basis.
Client Development focus:
1. Assisting the Client Development Manager in implementing the London Market Programme, working in conjunction with the client development team, wider business development team, partners and senior firm management as appropriate
2. Contributing to the formulation of individual client plans and helping to establishing a formal relationship Partner network
3. Influence key individuals across the firm to ensure buy-in and drive participation with the London Market Programme
4. Working collaboratively with Business Development Executives and other Client Development Executives / Managers from around the world to ensure alignment of client programmes across the firm
5. Supporting the development of the firm's wider client development methodology as the programme expands into new areas of the firm, working in conjunction with other Client Development / Business Executives and Managers
6. Co-ordinating client teams and effective cross-practice groups to support client development plans
7. Supporting the development of appropriate marketing materials and activities to fulfil client plans
8. Assisting with proposal materials and the management of client pitch efforts in respect of the identified client accounts
9. Monitoring KPIs and reporting regular progress back to the firm's management, partnership and senior members of the Business Development team
10. At all times demonstrating strong and comprehensive knowledge of the Client Development programme, and being able to represent that knowledge effectively in front of senior firm leadership
It will be expected that the Client Development Executive:
- Understands, support and communicates the key aims of the firm's client development agenda
- Contributes to the continuing development of client development tools that support the implementation of our plans
- Maintains an overview of the developments taking place in the firm and their market and communicate those developments to partners, lawyers and other team members
- Exemplifies the attributes that we wish to communicate to the market
Experience and Skills Required:
- A recent graduate having achieved a 2;1 or above.
- To have a can-do attitude and the desire to thrive within a fast-paced professional services environment, where the role will include:
Assisting with sector-focused client development and marketing activities
Developing and implementing business plans
Co-ordinating key client accounts
Supporting integrated and client-focused marketing and client development plans
Production of marketing materials and activities to support the client's agenda
Assisting with pitch efforts and proposal materials
- Able to work closely with partners and associates and develop the ability to influence key partners and decision-making groups
- Strong IT skills in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities within tight timescales
- Able to work to tight deadlines under pressure and to assimilate information quickly
- Strong interpersonal skills including confidence, positivity, diplomacy and the ability to gain credibility quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Positive and tenacious with the ability to pro-actively drive initiatives forward and motivate resources within and outside their team to perform
Please include your CV and cover letter in your application, click the apply button below to submit.
MyKindaFuture help students explore their career options post-education, be that apprenticeships, college, or university and graduate employment.
Sign up for job alerts - its free