Commercial Sales & Management Graduate Programme - Bakkavor
- £27,000 + benefits + bonus
- South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide
- 13th December 2019
- Start date:
- August 2020
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Commercial Sales and Management are at the centre of Bakkavor’s operations, driving our key customer relationships and facilitating commercial decisions and strategy. By discovering Bakkavor’s Commercial Sales and Management graduate programme, you’ll not only be embarking on a rewarding career at the heart of food manufacturing, you’ll be gaining exceptional all-round experience along with the opportunity to shape the future of our business.
We are one of the largest players in the fresh prepared food manufacturing industry. You’ll find us in the factories and fridges across the land both in the UK and overseas, where we are establishing a fast-developing presence in the United States and China.
In total, we have 19,000 employees worldwide. In the UK, we are number one across all four categories within fresh prepared foods, Meals, Salads, Desserts and Pizza & Bread. Our customers include some of the best known grocery retailers who sell our products to consumers under their respective retailer brands. That’s why we are proud to work with all the leading retail brands; it’s what keeps us busy!
Our Commercial Programme
Over two 12-month placements across any two of our UK locations, we’ll give you valuable exposure to a variety of business areas and will get you liaising with our customers, which include many of the biggest names in retail.
From day one, you’ll contribute to key business projects and add value to your team. We’ll in turn invest in your learning and development, supporting you to understanding the key levers and activities within Commercial, whilst also supporting your skills development in areas such as Microsoft Excel, category management, commercial application and accounting. This is also underpinned by a leadership and behavioural programme with Fieri, and you’ll complete 6 exciting workshop residentials with the rest of the graduate community, focussing on building your capability and behaviours for future leadership roles.
You’ll start as a Commercial Graduate, supporting our Commercial Managers and Controllers and after two years, your target role is to become a Commercial Manager for one of our major accounts. We expect you to then continue your career development, moving to a Commercial Controller after 5 years. Ultimately, this programme is about gaining an all-round understanding of manufacturing, as there’s more than meets the eye to be able to get the food from farm to fork!
What you’ll need
You will need to be confident speaking to customers, numerate, analytical and PC savvy. Having an inquisitive nature and an inbuilt desire to challenge the norms is the key to success. Here at Bakkavor innovation is what we are all about; it’s what keeps us ahead of the competition, so make sure you’re keeping up to date with the current affairs and latest food trends. You’ll also need:
Achieved, or are expected to achieve, at least a 2:2 honours degree in any discipline
Three months' experience working in a professional type environment, a role within the food industry or manufacturing, or related to your chosen discipline (for example, a 3-month office internship)
An existing ‘right to work’ in the UK
A clearly articulated motivation to progress your career in the food industry
Flexibility to complete two rotational placements, a minimum of two moves, maximum of three (move to first placement, and move to second placement which can be in any of our locations)
Graduates who align to the Bakkavor Values and represent a good value fit to our organisation
What we offer
Our programme is designed to broaden your perspective and offer you a variety of learning opportunities. On the graduate programme, you’ll receive:
• Starting Salary - £27,000 + £1,000 one-off signing on bonus, moving to £28,500 in Year 2 (London placements will receive an additional allowance for living costs)
• Pension Scheme
• Relocation Financial Assistance (for each graduate placement)
• Additional Holiday purchase scheme (25 days holiday as standard)
• Access to employee benefits – such as Zenith Car Lease scheme
A broad Support & Development Network
• A dedicated Champion for your functional programme
• A Mentor to support and guide your development
• You’ll join as a Cohort, with up to 20 other graduates + our China Graduate Programme graduates, not to mention a wide community of graduates who joined in the years before you
• A Line Manager who will complete regular performance reviews and support you through a skills chart checklist of experience
A Suite of Training & Development Opportunities
• Dedicated graduate leadership training events
• Programme Workshops and exposure to other functions
• Rotational Placements to broaden your experience
• Management Skills training
• Opportunities to further your development after the programme with Apprenticeship Qualifications
This is an accelerated programme into management roles, and due to Bakkavor’s size and breadth, we are able to work with you to identify the right career opportunities for your professional development towards senior leadership roles in the future.
Bakkavor Group plc
We are the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK, with an international presence in the US and China.
Sign up for job alerts - its free