Devops Engineer Trainee
FULLY-FUNDED TECH SKILLS BOOTCAMP - Kick off your new year with a new career
Are you looking for a career change? Perhaps you are unhappy in your current role or it isn't working out as you expected? Or maybe you are a graduate and you don't feel you are fully utilising your degree? Or you might be looking to return to work after a period out of the workforce?
If any of these sound like you then we have an amazing opportunity for you. QA, the UK's leading tech training experts, in association with UKFast, Manchester's #1 company to work for, have created a fully-funded technology course with the aim of getting more people into the tech industry in Manchester.
The tech sector is booming, and Manchester has quickly established itself as a key UK tech hub - employing thousands in highly-skilled tech jobs. However in order to continue to grow it needs more people. That is where our fully-funded Tech Skills Bootcamp (and hopefully you) come in.
What's on offer?
- A fully-funded 12 week intensive tech training programme starting January 2021
- 5 days a week 9am-5pm delivered virtually from the comfort of your own home
- Support and mentoring - as well as the technical skills, we will also provide soft skills training and mentoring to grow your confidence in project work, presentation skills and your ability to work in a team
- You will get the opportunity to take an Industry-recognised certification in either AWS, GCP or Microsoft Azure at the end of your programme which will boost your employability prospects
- Everyone that completes the programme will be allocated a recruitment support manager whose role will be to secure them job interviews for local technical roles so that you can put your newly acquired tech skills into practise
- This is your opportunity to upskill into a growing industry with boundless opportunities for your future career (for free)
What's the role I'm training for?
DevOps Engineer - A DevOps Engineer role can provide you with amazing career prospects and opportunities to develop and learn. DevOps is an area of massive need in the tech industry and companies across Greater Manchester are regularly looking for individuals with DevOps skills.
You could also get work in the following roles with the skills you learn:
- DevOps engineer
- Platform Engineer
- Build Engineer
- Release Engineer/Manager
- Software Developer/Tester
- Automation Engineer
- Reliability Engineer
- Release Manager
- Data Analyst
- Product Manager
What is DevOps?
DevOps is a philosophy and set of practices which combine software development with operations. Its aim is to shorten a system's development life cycle while also delivering features, fixes and updates, ensuring quality and information security. Within an organisation, DevOps is typically involved in everything from network design to process engineering, and software development to project delivery. DevOps is usually an integral part of any platform or product which the company has. Often, this is in conjunction with various other departments within the company; for example, networks and IT.
What we need from you
- Aged 19+
- Resident in Greater Manchester or Lancashire
- A genuine passion for technology
- Enthusiasm, aptitude and willingness to learn tonnes of new skills and new technologies - from day one and throughout your career
- A go-getter with a can-do attitude
- Most importantly, you MUST be willing to commit to 100% attendance on this 12 week programme
QA is a leading provider of specialist software, IT and fully managed services in finance, Government and commercial markets.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :computing & it jobs manchester devops engineer trainee limited
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Data Engineering & Analytics - Junior Professional & Graduate Programme
£32,000 (increasing to £40k after one year)
EY Consulting Graduate Programmes
Competitive starting annual salary
South West, London, West Midlands, North West, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire, Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Manchester
EY Technology Risk Graduate Programme
Starting at £27,600
South East, South West, London, West Midlands, North West, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester, Reading
Logistics Graduate Management Programme - Scotland
£37,000 per annum
General Management – NHS Graduate Management Training Scheme
Sponsored Bupa IT Graduate Programme
London, North West, Staines, Salford Quays