DGF UK Graduate Programme 2021 - South
DHL Global Forwarding UK (DGF UK) is one of five DHL divisions in the UK. The DGF UK business works with over 2,500 customers to organise and ship their goods by air and sea on a global basis. Currently we are the UK leader in Airfreight and number two for Ocean freight. In DGF we have over 30,000 employees working across more than 200 countries and in the UK we have around 1,000 colleagues. Our Global strategic aspiration is to be the undisputed Industry leader in the sector.
Key Activities includes:
The DGF UK Graduate Programme places you in a variety of roles across our international Freight Forwarding business. Throughout the programme you will be empowered to learn on the job and deliver real results. We offer a highly supportive culture and provide investment in your training to ensure that you get the most out of your graduate programme.
Our Programme provides you with placement opportunities across a diverse range of Departments and Functions, including Operations, Air and Ocean Product, Finance and Sales.
Our graduates are empowered to take the initiative, actively get involved in key business projects and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business and its customers.
Location: both Chertsey and Hayes, London
What the programme looks like:
- 26 month structured programme – including UK travel as required
- All placements are usually based in either Hayes, London or Chertsey on a rotational basis
- Early responsibility and fast progression
- Experience of working within fast paced environments
- Regular performance feedback and personal development planning
Skills, Experience & Educational Qualifications required:
- 2:1 or above degree classification (predicted or obtained at the time of application) ideally in a related discipline.
- Interest in project management and IT / digitalization and data analysis
- Strong interest and motivation to start and develop a career within the Freight Forwarding / Logistics industry in the UK market
- Passion for providing an excellent service to our customers, with innovative ideas and practical solutions to continually improve the business
- Fully mobile to travel within the UK
- Must hold a valid UK driving license at the start of the programme
- Eligibility to work in the UK for the full duration of the programme
- Must be fluent in English
- Enthusiastic and open-minded in getting the most out of the program with a ‘Can- Do’ attitude
- Sensitive to diverse working teams and environments
- Confident communicator – able to tailor communication style according to the audience
What do we offer?
The Programme will initially be a 26 month Fixed Term Contract (FTC), with the aim that Graduates move into a permanent position within the business – subject to a suitable vacancy being available and in line with the selection process for the role.
What will you get in return?
You will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which include; 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays, pension scheme, life assurance and retail discounts. You will also receive a competitive salary with an increase in your second year.
Upon successful completion of the programme we offer excellent career opportunities in a professional environment where you can acquire, use and continue developing your skills. Our aim for our graduates is to build their careers with us upon successful completion of the programme; contribute their ideas to influence the success of our business; and give them the opportunity to be a part of an organisation that makes a contribution to society as well as to the world of logistics.
DHL Global Forwarding
DHL Global Forwarding, formerly known as DHL Danzas Air & Ocean, is a division of Deutsche Post DHL providing air and ocean freight forwarding services.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :finance jobs london sales jobs london dgf graduate programme south dhl global
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Business Analyst Graduate Programme
Graduate Marketing Executive
£28000 to £35000 per annum
IT Graduate Recruitment
Consulting Graduate Scheme - Summer 2021
£32,000 year one salary, rising to £40,000 in your second year
Project Management Graduate Programme
Data Analyst (Financial Services) - London
Audit Graduate Trainee (Financial Services) - London