Electronic Manufacturing Test Engineering Undergraduate 2023
MBDA Missile Systems – Together. For the Future of Defence.
Electronic Manufacturing Test Engineering 10-month Placement
The Test Engineering team is based at our Manufacturing Centre of Excellence. Manufacturing consists of the Assembly, Integration and Test of all MBDA's products. The products we make are delivered directly to the customer/end user and therefore manufacturing are vitally important to the delivery aspects of our business.
What's the opportunity?
Test engineering is a diverse function covering a wide range of technical fields ensuring quality at every stage of production. We have sub-teams covering the entire build process of our products – from individual circuit cards, to launch platforms and bespoke factory test equipment.
We work closely with our design teams to influence the testability of products from very early stages of development, and are also responsible for:
- The industrial validation of test stages of our production lines;
- Diagnostics and fault finding to support production;
- Test-specific tooling design, and introduction of test equipment to the factory environment;
- Development of test and measurement techniques;
- Development of new processes within our manufacturing system;
- Providing training to operators and engineers, including the generation of instruction documents.
The breadth of activities carried out by test engineering means that there's a balance of work carried out in the office environment, and activities on the factory floor. There are also opportunities to support development and production at other MBDA facilities, in the UK and overseas.
You'll get opportunities to work across a broad spectrum of technologies – electronics, electromechanical systems, radar and electro-optical sensors, and complex integrated systems combining these and more.
During your 10 months on placement with us, you will be deployed to one of the factory's project teams. Here, you'll play a meaningful role in maintaining MBDA's reputation for quality, by working to ensure that every product leaving our manufacturing facility meets the high standards expected by the company and our customers.
Entry criteria, Salary and Start Date
- Currently studying towards a degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, General Engineering, Physics or Maths or related subject
- A passion for engineering and electronics!
- An affinity for problem solving. Whether you're looking for ways through a diagnostic challenge, or offering a solution to answer a complex requirement, rational and creative problem solving is key to many of our responsibilities;
- Strong communication skills. As part of this role, you'll be required to clearly capture or interpret requirements, contribute to peer-review processes, and deliver technical training to colleagues from a range of experience levels.
- Training in the use of tools will be provided as necessary, but previous use of tools such as MATLAB/Simulink, LabVIEW, VBA, Engineering Drawing tools (e.g. Creo) would be an advantage.
- £20,000 salary (pro rata)
- 10 month placement to start September 2023
Why choose us?
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.
Apply now by clicking here, or using the 'apply now' button below.
MBDA UK Limited
MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multinational group with 10,000 employees at industrial facilities in France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Germany, Spain and the United States.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :electronic manufacturing test engineering undergraduate mbda limited
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Graduate Data Engineer – paid to train
£34k Starting Salary
Electronics & Complex Integration Systems Undergraduate Programme
Jaguar Land Rover
West Midlands, North West, Manchester
Electronic Manufacturing Test Engineering Graduate 2023
MBDA UK Limited
North West, Bolton
Electronic Engineering Undergraduate Engineer 2023
£20,000 pro rata
MBDA UK Limited
South East, Stevenage