Finance Graduate Programme
Bakkavor Graduate Programme
WE ARE A WORLD LEADING FRESH FOOD MANUFACTURER AND WE ARE LOOKING FOR THE NEXT GENERATION OF TALENTED INDIVIDUALS TO JOIN BAKKAVOR AND DRIVE OUR SUCCESS
WE ARE PROUD OF OUR BUSINESS AND PASSIONATE ABOUT THE FOOD WE MAKE FOR THE BIGGEST NAMES IN SUPERMARKET RETAIL.
IF YOU SHARE OUR PASSION FOR GREAT FOOD AND OUR STRONG VALUES THEN THIS COMPANY IS FOR YOU
WE HAVE A DIVERSE RANGE OF CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AND PROGRAMMES AVAILABLE FOR YOU TO KICK START YOUR CAREER AND MAKE A REAL IMPACT IN THE FOOD INDUSTRY
This is a 3.5 year CIMA affiliated programme that encourages people to look past the basics in Finance, and get involved in the wider decision making in the business to help the organisation to grow and thrive. We’ll see to it that you interact with all areas of our business, from manufacturing and supply chain, to new product development to commercial and marketing.
We are one of the largest players in the fresh prepared food manufacturing industry. You’ll find us in the factories and fridges across the land both in the UK and overseas, where we are establishing a fast-developing presence in the United States and China.
In total, we have 20,000 employees worldwide. In the UK, we are number one across all four categories within fresh prepared foods, Meals, Salads, Desserts and Pizza & Bread. Our customers include some of the best known grocery retailers who sell our products to consumers under their respective retailer brands. That’s why we are proud to work with all the leading retail brands; it’s what keeps us busy!
Our Finance Programme
This programme provides interaction with different business units, to help gain a more rounded understanding of the Bakkavor Group. The roles will cover the core skills including, management accounting, financial management, risk management and process evaluation and redesign. The Finance Programme is aimed at providing long term succession planning within the finance function. It is based around the CIMA qualification. The programme is therefore a 3.5-year scheme, broken down into 2 elements;
- Years 1 to 2 – Study and core experience
- Then 1.5yrs – Higher level experience and personal development
All members of the finance programme will be expected to complete 3 placements. The first placement being 18 months, followed by two 12-month placements. These could be at any site in the UK and it is essential that you are flexible regarding location in the first 3.5 years.
After the 3 mandatory placements you’ll work on a personal development plan, and the Graduate Champion will highlight the experience required and the placements for years 4 and 5 of the programme. At this time Graduates are no longer expected to be flexible in their location, although it is an advantage in order to secure the most optimal opportunity.
We’ll be giving you the training and experience you need to gain the CIMA qualification within 3 years whilst exposing you to different product areas and scales of business to give you core skills in management accounting, financial accounting, risk management, process evaluation and redesign. Ultimately, it’s about giving you the in-depth understanding you need to reach a key management role within 5 years.
What you’ll need
We are looking for graduates who can demonstrate excellent analytical skills and business acumen, with a good level of influence and adaptability to fast-paced environment. Having an inquisitive nature and an inbuilt desire to challenge the norms is the key to success. Here at Bakkavor innovation is what we are all about; it’s what keeps us ahead of the competition, so make sure you’re keeping up to date with the current affairs and latest food trends. You’ll also need:
- Achieved, or are expected to achieve, at least a 2:2 honours degree in any discipline
- Three months' work experience
- An existing ‘right to work’ in the UK
- A clearly articulated motivation to progress your career in the food industry
- Flexibility to complete three rotational placements, a minimum of two moves, maximum of three (placements can be in any of our locations)
- Graduates who align to the Bakkavor Values and represent a good value fit to our organisation
What we offer
Our programme is designed to broaden your perspective and offer you a variety of learning opportunities. On the graduate programme, you’ll receive:
- Starting Salary - £27,000 + £1,000 one-off signing on bonus, moving to £28,500 in Year 2 and £30,000 in Year 3 (London placements will receive an additional allowance for living costs)
- Pension Scheme
- Relocation Financial Assistance (for each graduate placement)
- Additional Holiday purchase scheme (25 days holiday as standard)
- Access to employee benefits – such as MyDrive Car Lease scheme
A broad Support & Development Network
- A dedicated Champion for your functional programme
- A Mentor to support and guide your development
- You’ll join as a Cohort, with up to 20 other graduates, not to mention a wide community of graduates who joined in the years before you
- A Line Manager who will complete regular performance reviews and support you through a skills chart checklist of experience
A Suite of Training & Development Opportunities
- Dedicated graduate leadership training events
- Programme Workshops and exposure to other functions
- Rotational Placements to broaden your experience
- Management Skills training
- Opportunities to further your development after the programme with Apprenticeship Qualifications
- This programme acts as a route into senior leadership roles, and due to Bakkavor’s size and breadth, we are able to work with you to identify the right career opportunities for your professional development towards these roles in the future
Our graduate programme is for people who can think bigger and grow faster. We created it to develop the future-leaders and shapers of our business. To learn more and apply online click Apply Now.
After applying, you can expect to complete some initial questions around some relevant scenarios at Bakkavor, followed by an online psychometric test and a non-live video reflection. If successful, we will invite you to an assessment centre in January or February. These interviews are for a September 2022 start on the programme.
We reserve the right to close the application window early if we receive sufficient applications for a programme. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
Bakkavor Group plc
We are the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK, with an international presence in the US and China.