Finance Graduate Programme - Lloyds Banking Group
- £31,000 + benefits
- 11th November 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Bring a positive can-do attitude, a willingness to learn, and a commitment to making a difference to the way we work.
- Applications are open until 11th November 2019
- Duration: 3 years
- Salary: £31,000
- Location: Various locations around the UK, including London, Leeds, Bristol or Edinburgh.
- Qualifications: We’ll support you to become a chartered accountant
through CIMA, ACA or ICAS.
Help us rewrite the rules in financial services
New technologies, new ways of working and new goals. Lloyds Banking Group is changing the way we help 26 million personal customers, 1 million businesses, and communities across the UK, and Finance teams are at the heart of this change. They’re the trusted advisors to our businesses, sharing analyses and trends that guide our strategic decisions as we work to become the bank of the future. We’re searching for new talent to join them and help us grow. If you’re looking for a career with impact – we have a job for you. And the great news is you don’t need a business or finance degree to come and work with us.
About the programme
Over three years, you’ll complete four placements in a variety of areas from Treasury to Financial Planning that will help you develop a well-rounded skill set and equip you for life after the programme.
We also have a Finance Scotland Graduate Programme based solely in Edinburgh. Here, you’ll complete three placements over three years. To apply for this role, select Finance (Scotland) from the programme list on the application page.
During our Finance graduate programme you will work in:
- Core Finance - Understand and contribute to the core purpose of the Finance function within Lloyds Banking Group
- Customer - Develop an insight into Lloyds Banking Group’s customers and the products and services we provide (not part of Finance Scotland programme)
- Insight & Analysis - Deliver analysis and insight, working independently and presenting information tailored to stakeholders
- Business Partnering – Become a Finance Specialist and lead relationships with both the business and finance community with responsibility for local decisions.
Day to day you could be:
- Reviewing business decisions across Lloyds Banking Group – from finance to business improvement and contributing ideas about ways we can work more efficiently
- Learning about regulatory frameworks and our businesses so you can start to provide high-quality financial advice and insights to internal customers
- Performing core finance activities including forecasting, reporting, profitability modelling and business case development
- Helping to prepare month end reports by providing various pieces of analysis to team members
- Preparing key presentations such as strategic and financial updates or investor slides, that are backed by sound figures and which give insightful commentary on financial metrics
- Performing deep-dives on specific elements of the business and building a solid understanding of product portfolios
- Using new technology, models and data to improve the quality of our insights
- Building strong and lasting relationships with colleagues across all levels of the business
- Analysing the banking industry to understand the impact, risk and opportunity for Lloyds Banking Group.
People work best when they feel happy and valued. That’s why you’ll receive the tools you need to develop the career you want – from mentoring, volunteering initiatives, tailored learning and much more. During this graduate programme, you will undertake exams and train towards becoming a chartered accountant (you can choose from CIMA, ACA or ICAS) with first-class support and guidance along the way. Throughout studying for this qualification, educational support and study leave will be provided, but we expect you to ensure you’re suitably prepared for each exam.
Our Actuarial scheme
Lloyds Banking Group also offers an Actuarial scheme within our Insurance Finance team, under our insurance brand, Scottish Widows. This rotational programme offers graduates the opportunity to train as an actuary, working within the insurance business to deliver fair outcomes for customers, and ensure the company remains in strong financial health. For more information, including the specific criteria and the application process for this scheme, please visit our careers site and search for actuarial roles.
A 2:2 degree or above in any discipline from any university and an open mind.
The way we work
Everyone comes to Lloyds Banking group with different experiences, skills and knowledge, and these differences give us opportunities to learn and grow. It’s what makes our workplace unique and we encourage people from every kind of background to apply. It’s important for us, and it shows. Recently, we were named as one of The Times’ Top 50 Employers for Women for the 8th consecutive year, the Top Financial Employer and seventh overall in the 2019 Stonewall Top 100 employers list, and one of The Times’ Top 100 Graduate Employers.
Our Graduate Programmes are rotational and our Finance roles are based around the UK, so you’re likely to work in a number of different locations, in order to develop the skills you need. The Finance Scotland programme is based in solely in Edinburgh, though some travel may be required.
As the largest digital bank in the UK we’re dedicated to helping Britain prosper. Working as part of our Group, you’ll not only represent Lloyds Bank but our other brands too, including Bank of Scotland, Scottish Widows and Halifax. Our strategy is based around transforming the bank for success in a digital world. With 15.9 million digitally active customers and nearly 10 million mobile users, we’re constantly exploring how to bring new digital solutions to the people who rely on us.
Sign up for job alerts - its free