Finance Industrial Placement - July 2023
We are a world leading fresh food manufacturer and we are looking for the next generation of talented individuals to join Bakkavor and drive our success.
We are proud of our business and passionate about the food we make for the biggest names in supermarket retail.
If you share our passion for great food and our strong values then this company is for you.
We have a diverse range of career opportunities and programmes available for you to kick start your career and make a real impact in the food industry.
This is an exciting opportunity within our site based Financial teams, who work closely with all areas of the business around the fast-paced fresh prepared food industry. This is a 12-month placement aimed at those who elect to complete a year-in-industry as part of their degree. There are opportunities to return to Bakkavor once you have completed your undergraduate degree.
- If you share our values and passion for great food, you can expect to receive opportunities, development and support to enable you to learn and grow throughout your placement.
- You can expect to gain key skills in basic accountancy and finance and from day one you will play a pivotal part in the decision-making processes that help our business to grow and thrive.
- This entry-level placement will be perfect for undergraduates who are interested in gaining skills and experience in a Finance role, in a consumer goods company.
- We will consider candidates from all degree disciplines.
- Those candidates who complete successful placements will also be given the opportunity to re-join Bakkavor on our Graduate Programme (CIMA accredited) post-qualification.
Locations: Placements will either be in Lincolnshire or London (there is an additional living allowance for London placements)
Length: 12 months, starting July 2023
What you'll need to apply
The most important thing for us is a motivated attitude to develop your skills and an ambition to learn more about Finance in the Food Industry.
We do have some criteria that we will be looking for – you’ll need these to pass our assessment screening process:
- Are currently studying towards a degree
- Demonstrated experience of working as part of a team
- An existing ‘right to work’ in the UK, we are unable to sponsor visas as part of the Placement
- A desire to learn how food manufacturing works and to get into the detail of:
- Factory performance reporting
- Commercial appraisal
- New Product Development costing
- The ability to demonstrate excellent analytical and numerical skills.
- An ability to apply practical ideas and demonstrate your adaptability
- A curiosity to explore, learn and show initiative
- An ability to demonstrate good attention to detail
- A willingness to study the CIMA qualification upon completion of your degree (as this is a requirement to join our Finance graduate programme)
- Ideally, a full UK driver’s licence, as our locations and suppliers are not always readily accessible by public transport.
All placements are subject to successful right to work checks, and eligibility to work in the UK.
What will the placement offer you?
Our Placement programme is designed to broaden your perspective and offer you a variety of learning opportunities as an entry into the food industry. On the Placement, you’ll receive:
- A salary of £19,000 per annum (additional allowance is provided for extra living costs in London placements)
- Relocation Financial Assistance
- Access to Bakkavor benefits, such as a discount platform
Career Experience, Skills & Responsibility
- An experienced Line Manager who will complete regular performance reviews and support you through a skills chart checklist of experience
- Providing everything goes to plan, due to Bakkavor’s size and breadth, we are able to work with you to identify the right career opportunities for your professional development once you complete your degree. This could be a direct entry role, or as part of the Graduate or Apprentice programmes.
- You’ll take responsibility for your work area and personal development from day one.
Our Placements are for people who can think bigger and grow faster. We created them to offer opportunities to students who are looking for quality experience in the food industry.
Click here to apply, or use the 'Apply Now' button below.
After applying, you can expect to complete some initial questions around some relevant scenarios at Bakkavor, followed by an online psychometric test and short video reflection. If successful, we will invite you to an assessment centre in January or February. These interviews are for a July 2023 start on the Placement.
Bakkavor Group plc
We are the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK, with an international presence in the US and China.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :finance jobs london finance industrial placement july bakkavor plc
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Finance Graduate Scheme
Lloyds Banking Group
South West, London, Bristol
Finance Graduate Programme 2023
Bakkavor Group plc
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide
Retail Placement Programme
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire, Nationwide
Finance Undergraduate Placement 2023
£20,000 pro rata
MBDA UK Limited
South East, Stevenage
Summer Analyst Programme
Competitive with excellent benefits
London, Scotland, Glasgow
Competitive with excellent benefits
London, Scotland, International, International (Europe), Glasgow