Financial Services Junior Consultant
OVERVIEW OF THE SERVICE LINE & TEAM
In Consulting, you will join a growing team of 300 relationship driven, strategic thinkers who take pride in the positive impact they can have on society whilst advising the boardrooms of UK and International clients across all sectors. Our Consulting teams support clients in solving business critical, complex problems through a broad range of services including risk assurance, technology advisory, business transformation, regulatory consulting and actuarial support. Our expertise ranges from financial services and insurance to retail, government and education. In a rapidly changing business world, we help clients overcome the challenges that they face today and prepare for whatever the future may hold.
Financial Services Consulting provides a diverse range of services to our clients in the sector. Predominantly clients are banks and insurers but can also include investment firms and payment institutions. The team provides advice and guidance to clients on all aspects of financial services regulation to help them stay compliant, with the vast web of regulations applicable to the industry.
The role of a Junior Consultant is to support the team in delivering projects. This means assisting in all aspects of the project lifecycle; from the sales or ‘business development' process, to project planning, execution of fieldwork and preparation of deliverables including actively contributing to final recommendations.
You will be involved in non-client activities such as assisting with internal projects and research initiatives. As a Junior Consultant, your time would usually be split between working at client premises, working in the office and the potential of travel outside the UK. However due to the current pandemic situation Mazars continues to work remotely only visiting the office and client sites on a restricted basis.
During your first year you will:
- Provide support to managers and supervisors on projects across various client types and service offerings;
- Develop a strong understanding of consulting methods and financial services regulation; and
- Interact with clients' staff and build an effective rapport.
- During your second year you will:
- Take more responsibility on projects;
- Self-review your own-work, ensuring minimal review points are raised by managers; and
- Provide guidance to less experienced team members.
After two years you will:
- Start specialising in particular service offerings;
- Take on more responsibility for developing service lines and business;
- Take more responsibility on project, owning project deliverables; and
- Demonstrate foundational project management capabilities.
- As a Junior Consultant the typical daily duties will include:
- Research information and statistics as required;
- Collection and synthesis of information from research;
- Drafting client-specific conclusions and recommendations based on research;
- Considering the impact of financial services regulations on the client;
- Maintaining professional working relationships with clients and your colleagues throughout fieldwork and social activities;
- Supporting sales and business development processes by assisting in the preparation of proposals for new work;
- Assisting in running workshops and conferences with our clients; and
- Assisting in writing publications of internal and external articles on topics of interest for financial services.
Desired: Previous work experience or internship in Financial Services, Finance or Consulting Industry;
Interpersonal skills; the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
Analytical skills; the ability to think critically, research and solve problems.
Attention to detail and strong time-management skills.
Commitment to self-development & learning.
Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity.
Strong academic performance is important so we know that you're ready to take your professional exams. However, we understand things don't always go to plan – so if you don't meet our minimum requirements, please let us know if you have any exceptional achievements or extenuating circumstances which affected your results. We also consider your achievements in the context of your socio-economic background, so encourage you to submit your contextual information.
- Masters' degree in a business related discipline
- 2.1 or above in any degree discipline
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points (achieved in the same academic year, from your 3 best A Levels and excluding General Studies). This is based on the new 2017 UCAS Tariff. You can calculate your UCAS points here.
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
We operate several in-house training courses which will give you the technical insight into financial services regulation and best practices, both in the UK and worldwide.
You will be given a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
After you have completed two years as a Junior Consultant, there will be an opportunity for you to study towards a professional qualification if desired.
If you are interested in a career in professional services, we can offer you an exciting head start by joining one of our trainee schemes for school or college leavers.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :finance jobs london financial junior consultant trainee mazars scheme
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Trainee Mortgage Advisor
£23,000 + CeMap qualifications + commission
London, Chiswick, Gunnersbury
Strategy and Transactions Graduate Programme
Graduate Client Services Consultant
Up to £27000.00 per annum
We Are Aspire Limited
BDO Advisory Graduate Programme (London)
Data Management Analyst
£32,000 (increasing to £40k after one year)
Risk Consultant - Graduate Trainee - London