Food Technology Graduate Programme - Bakkavor
- £27,000 + bonus
- South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Yorkshire, Nationwide
- 13th December 2019
- Start date:
- August 2020
- Job type:
- Graduate job
We are a world leading fresh food manufacturer and we are looking for the next generation of talented individuals to join bakkavor and drive our success
We are proud of our business and passionate about the food we make for the biggest names in supermarket retail.
If you share our passion for great food and our strong values then this company is for you
We have a diverse range of career opportunities and programmes available for you to kick start your career and make a real impact in the food industry
If you are interested in the scientific and technical aspects of food manufacturing, join our Food Technology Graduate Programme. You will find yourself working with teams across our business to ensure we develop and manufacture safe, high-quality products day in, day out.
We are one of the largest players in the fresh prepared food manufacturing industry. You’ll find us in the factories and fridges across the land both in the UK and overseas, where we are establishing a fast-developing presence in the United States and China.
In total, we have 19,000 employees worldwide. In the UK, we are number one across all four categories within fresh prepared foods, Meals, Salads, Desserts and Pizza & Bread. Our customers include some of the best known grocery retailers who sell our products to consumers under their respective retailer brands. That’s why we are proud to work with all the leading retail brands; it’s what keeps us busy!
Our Food Technology Programme
Product safety and quality are the backbone of our operations, and essential to the business and our customers. The Technical function supports ownership from all functions and suppliers in doing manufacturing correctly, safely and to the expected high standard.
This programme works closely with all areas internally and externally and is based both within the factory and the office, depending on the role. Working with our customers is essential, in addition to facilitating the company to have the right systems and process in place, to meet the customer and industry standards or codes of practice. The Food Technology Programme is 2 years in length and is likely to involve working with either with the Quality, Technical Services, Process or Raw Materials teams. Bakkavor have an essential Central Technical team who drive governance and standards across the group, and this area also contains future career opportunities.
Your target role for when you come off the programme depends on the area within Technical you would like to pursue to continue your development towards a Technical Manager equivalent role within 5-7 years of starting. Typically, you can expect to be in roles such as QA Supervisor or Senior Technologist on a development plan towards Quality Manager, Process Manager, Technical Services Manager.
What you’ll need
You’ll need to have excellent organisational skills, and able to promote the highest standards in food safety. Having an inquisitive nature and an inbuilt desire to challenge the norms is the key to success. Here at Bakkavor innovation is what we are all about; it’s what keeps us ahead of the competition, so make sure you’re keeping up to date with the current affairs and latest food trends. You’ll also need:
• Achieved, or are expected to achieve, at least a 2:2 honours degree in a technical, food related or science based discipline
• Three months' experience working in a professional type environment, a role within the food industry or manufacturing, or related to your chosen discipline (for example, a 3-month office internship)
• An existing ‘right to work’ in the UK
• A clearly articulated motivation to progress your career in the food industry
• Flexibility to complete two rotational placements, a minimum of two moves, maximum of three (move to first placement, and move to second placement which can be in any of our locations)
• Graduates who align to the Bakkavor Values and represent a good value fit to our organisation
What we offer
Our programme is designed to broaden your perspective and offer you a variety of learning opportunities. On the graduate programme, you’ll receive:
• Starting Salary - £27,000 + £1,000 one-off signing on bonus, moving to £28,500 in Year 2 (London placements will receive an additional allowance for living costs)
• Pension Scheme
• Relocation Financial Assistance (for each graduate placement)
• Additional Holiday purchase scheme (25 days holiday as standard)
• Access to employee benefits – such as Zenith Car Lease scheme
A broad Support & Development Network
• A dedicated Champion for your functional programme
• A Mentor to support and guide your development
• You’ll join as a Cohort, with up to 20 other graduates + our China Graduate Programme graduates, not to mention a wide community of graduates who joined in the years before you
• A Line Manager who will complete regular performance reviews and support you through a skills chart checklist of experience
A Suite of Training & Development Opportunities
• Dedicated graduate leadership training events
• Programme Workshops and exposure to other functions
• Rotational Placements to broaden your experience
• Management Skills training
• Opportunities to further your development after the programme with Apprenticeship Qualifications
This is an accelerated programme into management roles, and due to Bakkavor’s size and breadth, we are able to work with you to identify the right career opportunities for your professional development towards senior leadership roles in the future.
Bakkavor Group plc
We are the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK, with an international presence in the US and China.
Sign up for job alerts - its free