Food Technology Industrial Placement - July 2023
We are a world leading fresh food manufacturer and we are looking for the next generation of talented individuals to join Bakkavor and drive our success.
We are proud of our business and passionate about the food we make for the biggest names in supermarket retail.
If you share our passion for great food and our strong values then this company is for you.
We have a diverse range of career opportunities and programmes available for you to kick start your career and make a real impact in the food industry.
We are looking for motivated undergraduates who have a keen ambition to gain experience within Food Technology, sitting within our Technical department at Bakkavor. This is a 12-month placement aimed at those who elect to complete a year-in-industry as part of their degree. There are opportunities to return to Bakkavor once you have completed your undergraduate degree.
If you share our passion for great food, you can expect to receive opportunities, development and support to enable you to learn and grow throughout your placement. Expect to gain skills in a range of areas such as food safety, microbiology, internal auditing and factory hygiene. This entry-level placement will be perfect someone who is in the process of studying a food related or food science degree with the aim of entering this field upon obtaining their qualification.
You will be based at our site in Lincolnshire and will be provided with a broad range of activities and projects. The structure of the placement is:
- A 6-month placement with our Central Technical office-based team, working with our technical systems from a Group level that determine how we manage our corporate governance, as well as specific projects.
- A 6-month placement with our Technical factory-based team, working alongside our manufacturing operations to ensure high quality and food safety, as part of the Quality Assurance team. Activities include a variety of technical tasks, such as GMP audits, taste panels, micro-sampling. In really busy periods (i.e. Christmas), there is even the opportunity to get a real understanding of food manufacturing and work with manufacturing on production.
Locations: Placements are based in Lincolnshire.
Length: 12 months, starting in July 2023
What will the placement offer you?
Our Placement programme is designed to broaden your perspective and offer you a variety of learning opportunities as an entry into the food industry. On the Placement, you’ll receive:
- A salary of £19,000 per annum
- Relocation Financial Assistance
- Access to Bakkavor benefits, such as a discount platform
Career Experience, Skills & Responsibility
- An experienced line manager who will complete regular performance reviews and support you through a skills chart checklist of experience
- Providing everything goes to plan, due to Bakkavor’s size and breadth, we are able to work with you to identify the right career opportunities for your professional development once you complete your degree. This could be a direct entry role, or as part of the Graduate or Apprentice programmes.
- You’ll take responsibility for your work area and personal development from day one.
What you'll need to apply:
The most important thing for us is a motivated attitude to develop your skills and an ambition to progress within the food industry.
We do have some criteria that we will be looking for – you’ll need these to pass our assessment screening process:
- Are currently studying towards a Technical, Food or Science based degree
- Demonstrated experience of working as part of a team
- An existing ‘right to work’ in the UK, we are unable to sponsor visas as part of the Placement
- A clearly articulated motivation to learn more about the food industry
- A desire to learn how food manufacturing works and to get into detail of:
- What makes food safe
- How factories consistently produce great quality food time after time
- An ability to apply practical ideas and demonstrate your adaptability
- A curiosity to explore, learn and show initiative
- An ability to demonstrate good attention to detail
- A full UK driver’s licence, as our locations and suppliers are not always readily accessible by public transport
All placements are subject to successful right to work checks, and eligibility to work in the UK.
Our Placements are for people who can think bigger and grow faster. We created them to offer opportunities to students who are looking for quality experience in the food industry.
Click here to apply, or use the 'Apply Now' button below.
After applying, you can expect to complete some initial questions around some relevant scenarios at Bakkavor, followed by an online psychometric test and short video reflection. If successful, we will invite you to an assessment centre in January or February 2023. These interviews are for a July 2023 start on the Placement.
Bakkavor Group plc
We are the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK, with an international presence in the US and China.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :food technology industrial placement july bakkavor plc
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Marketing and Digital – Energy and Marine - Summer Internship
Babcock International Group
Finance Graduate Scheme
Lloyds Banking Group
South West, London, Bristol
Sponsored Manufacturing Graduate Programme 2023
Bakkavor Group plc
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide
Graduate Data Management Consultant – paid to train
£34k Starting Salary
Safety Case/Hazard Management Graduate Programme
Babcock International Group
South East, South West, North West, Nationwide, Warrington, Bristol, Newbury
Spring Insight Programme
London, Scotland, Glasgow