Ingenious accounting for ambitious entrepreneurs.
We help entrepreneurs make scaling smoother, less stressful and more rewarding by providing them with a fully operational finance team for a fixed monthly fee.
We make maximum use of technology and cloud services to reduce costs and hassle for our clients.
This role will provide additional support within the book-keeping and management accounts department:
- Processing purchase ledger, credit card and expense claim transactions through our software platform.
- Reconciling bank entries in Xero.
- Assistance with month end accounts preparation.
- Assistance with VAT return preparation.
- Supporting analysis, checking and reconciliation work for clients.
Technology and Training
- We will fully support AAT, ACCA or CIMA study path.
- We will ensure that you follow a full training programme for both the core technologies, and become certified in Xero.
- Your apprenticeship programme will be provided via BPP and will cover both the professional knowledge and also a range of other workplace skills to support your personal and professional development.
- Over the course of your apprenticeship programme, you will gradually take on more responsibility, encounter more complex work, and have more opportunity to liaise directly with clients.
- It is our aim to enrich the work you do as you progress through the apprenticeship and ultimately to provide a satisfying career pathway once you are qualified.
Training, Skills and Experience
Skills and experience required:
- We are looking for someone who is keen to make their long-term career in accountancy.
- You should have (or be about to graduate with) a good degree, ideally in Accounting and Finance and be part qualified CIMA or ACCA.
- The ideal candidate will have successfully completed a placement year
as part of their degree.
Other important skills are:
- Willing to be a team player, committed member of our team, punctual, courteous and helpful at all times.
- Highly IT literate.
- Interested in cloud-based IT systems, and mobile apps.
- Highly numerate and literate with a good writing style.
- Able to take the initiative, but at the same time seek guidance whenever needed.
- Highly accurate and efficient in organising and completing tasks.
- A good communicator, able to talk to all kinds of people, and
excellent at keeping other team members informed about all work matters.
- It would be helpful if you have experience of working in a role requiring initiative, communication skills, organisational ability.
- Experience of working in an accounts team in industry or practice would be highly desirable.
Working with Finling
We are located in pleasant offices near the centre of Wimbledon, 5 minutes from the station.
However, we also offer a hybrid working arrangement, if you prefer, whereby you can work from home on Mondays and/or Fridays, once any initial induction/training period has been completed.
Finling offers a wide range of staff benefits, as well as a competitive salary and a profit related bonus scheme.
Our culture is to work collaboratively and supportively with each other; we respect our clients and like them to feel that we are their own finance team; our style is calm, thoughtful and well organised; we have a diverse group of staff and clients based all over the country and abroad.
We have worked from home since March 2020, and are now phasing back into working in the office subject to Covid-19 easing.
We help fast-growing businesses escape financial struggle and scale successfully by providing a fully operational finance function for a fixed monthly fee.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :finance jobs london graduate apprentice finling
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Audit Graduate Programme - Autumn 2021
South East, London, West Midlands, North West, Scotland, Yorkshire, Watford, Aberdeen, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Manchester, Reading
Business Analyst Graduate Programme
Consulting Graduate Scheme - Summer 2021
£32,000 year one salary, rising to £40,000 in your second year
Audit Graduate Trainee (Financial Services) - London
Sponsored Graduate Trainee Programme 2022
Graduate IT Analyst
Competitive + benefits