If you’re passionate about providing first-class service and you’re looking for the right place to take your next career step, Roger Bullivant is for you.
We have an exciting opportunity available for Three Graduate Engineers to join our team working on a full time, permanent basis, 41.5 hours per week starting in September 2023. In return Roger Bullivant will offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a place to develop and harness your skills and an opportunity to become a member of the team in one of the UK’s leading foundation engineering company.
As specialists in the field, Roger Bullivant has over 40 years’ experience and we specialise in the design and construction of foundations for all types of building and structures in all kinds of ground conditions. At Roger Bullivant we are taking every step we can to keep our plant healthy including using electric forklifts and increasing our renewable energy capacity. Our donations to the National Forest have contributed to 9 million new trees being planted!
As a business which is committed to investing and developing its people, all employees have the opportunity to grow within the company. If you have a long-term career goal, we can help you get there!
The Graduate Engineer Role:
Following an initial induction period, the Graduate Engineers (Trainees) will commence a 2 Year training programme, rotating through the principal functional areas of RB’s business. Trainees will generally work within the following areas in order to gain the necessary experience to fulfil the requirements of the professional training programme and attributes to become professionally qualified with their relevant professional institution (this will be principally with the Institution of Civil Engineers [ICE], or Geological Society of London [GeolSoc]).
Area of Business & Durations
Estimating / preconstruction - 6 months
CST Design / technical - 6 months
Piling operations - 4 months
Ground Improvement operations - 4 months
Commercial - 2 months
Site investigation (external) - 2 months
The order in which these placements are undertaken will vary between Trainees, reflecting company requirements and the number of Trainees undertaking a particular placement concurrently. Aside from the placements in CST Design / Technical and site investigation, placements can be in any of RB’s office / site locations and Trainees are expected to spend time in a variety of locations which will aid their understanding of both the overall business and how individual Area businesses / functions work. This will also maximise the Trainees’ exposure to colleagues across the business, facilitating development of relationships which will serve to aid them as they develop in their careers.
Whilst successful candidates will be required to work from various locations, we anticipate that we will have a position based at the following sites:
- South West - Trowbridge
- South Wales – Port Talbot
- Midlands – Swadlincote
- Yorkshire - Normanton
- North East – Jarrow
- North West – Chorley
- Scotland – Alloa
What you will need:
- Recently graduated candidates or students currently in their final year of a civil engineering, geology, geotechnical or structural engineering bachelor’s or master’s degree.
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work is required as you will be on a journey, covering all our disciplines. This will include staying away from home and being based at different locations across the UK.
- Previous practical experience in civil or geotechnical engineering, for example during Summer Internships or Work Placements, would potentially be advantageous.
- Applicants will preferably have a full UK driving licence.
- Applicants must also be able to provide the necessary documentation to confirm that they are eligible to work in the UK.
As a Graduate Engineer we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Monthly Paid
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Paid professional membership subscriptions and qualifications
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- The opportunity to join our competitive company pension scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Company Car
- Life Assurance for 4 times your salary
- The opportunity to buy shares in Vinci
- Exclusive discounts on travel, gym and attractions in the Merlin group
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team! Click ‘Apply’ now
At Roger Bullivant we want to proactively embrace diversity across our workforce and recognise that we are under-represented in a number of minority groups. We’re therefore taking positive steps to promote a positive and inclusive culture; we welcome applications from all minority groups to better represent our communities.
Roger Bullivant Limited (RB) is a UK piling foundation engineering company specialising in the design and construction of foundations for all types of buildings and structures in all kinds of ground conditions.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :graduate engineers roger bullivant
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Data Science Graduate Programme
Remote (work from home), South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire, Nationwide
Graduate Analyst - TPP
Graduate Fire Engineer
London, North West, Scotland, Republic of Ireland, Edinburgh, Manchester
Data Analytics Cross Functional Graduate Programme
Jaguar Land Rover
Graduate Data Management Consultant – paid to train
£34k Starting Salary
Service Analyst - TPP