Graduate Pricing Analyst - Hastings Direct
- £28,000 to £30,000
- South East, Bexhill-on-Sea
- Apply by:
- 18th November 2018
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Are you Mathematical and innovative? Passionate about challenging convention?
Come and join Hastings Direct, we are a fast growing, agile, digitally focussed general insurance provider to the UK market.
We are looking for pricing analysts within our retail pricing and analytics team. We are passionate about driving commercial value through data analytics, modelling and innovation. As a Pricing Analyst you will be actively involved in devising cutting-edge market pricing approaches for new business generation and retention of customers; you will learn advanced techniques, such as price optimisation and machine learning, as well as the commercial skills to effectively leverage them. We pride ourselves on being market-leading pricing and analytical professionals – come and join us!
The role can be based in London or our Bexhill HQ down by the sea.
About the role
• Develop insights to drive pricing initiatives and strategy for
Hastings Direct’s products
• Build complex models to understand and predict customer life-time value
• Help manage trading by running end to end price optimisations
• Design experiments to explore price elasticity and assess customer behavior
• Co-ordinate price changes, monitor performance and track our market position
• Present insights and work with stakeholders to take them on our pricing journey
• Mathematical or scientific background, educated to degree level
• Working knowledge of tools such as R, SQL, Python, Matlab,
• Ability to present analytical results in a non-technical way
• Drive, enthusiasm, creativity and problem solving skills
• Proven track record in learning and applying innovative analytical techniques
• Ability to work as part of a team in an environment that demands excellence, reliability, accuracy and working with competing deadlines
• Knowledge of price optimisation methods and tools, e.g. Earnix, Radar
• Demonstrated strong capability with quantitative and analytical concepts, through higher level academic qualifications
What will you get in return?
If you joined Hastings Direct you will be able to bring yourself to work while working with our supportive retail pricing and analytics team. You will work alongside a talented pool of individuals who have an excellent breadth and depth of knowledge.
Hastings Direct is an expanding company which operates in a non-hierarchical environment, thus in the pricing analyst role you will have vast exposure to projects and senior management. You could potentially be presenting in front of the managerial director a couple of months into your role! You will be able to utilise your skills and be innovate through the high rate of learning you will experience in just one year.
Sign up for job alerts - its free