HR Graduate Scheme - Hastings Direct
- Competitive + Benefits
- South East, Bexhill-on-Sea
- 28th October 2019
- Start date:
- September 2020
- Job type:
- Graduate job
HR Graduate Scheme
Our Human Resources (HR) Graduate Scheme is designed for graduates to work alongside our HR colleagues whilst they partner with the business to help deliver our corporate strategy and objectives. Hastings’ HR team have a huge variety of roles, from numerical and data-driven roles in Rewards to law specialists in Advisory and training experts in Learning & Development. You’ll be exposed to our highly experienced, collaborative and forward thinking team who support the business to create a working environment where colleagues can perform at their best.
We are committed to teach, support and guide you to help you forge a successful career in this highly competitive industry.
As part of this two year rotational scheme, you’ll take on placements in HR Advisory, Reward, Learning & Development, Recruitment, Projects and Communications. Each placement is designed to be hands-on and you’ll work on projects that make a real difference to our colleagues and company. With opportunities in both generalist and specialist roles, this scheme will not only enable you to learn but also encourage you to bring new ideas to the table, and help us deliver the strategy which underpins how we work together.
You will have the support of a senior leader as your mentor alongside regular interactions with leaders from across the business and there is potential for us to support you with a professional qualification, whether that is your CIPD or another that is an interest or strength of yours.
Education and skills required;
- Graduates in any discipline who have completed their first degree with a minimum of a 2:1 or MSc, or are due to graduate by September 2020.
- Work experience or an industry placement is desirable.
- A hunger and passion for working with people and making a difference.
- Strong communication and organisation skills.
- Commercial acumen and comfortable working with both numbers and people.
- The confidence and vision to look at, and challenge, existing ways of working.
- Takes responsibility for self-development. Receptive to feedback and eager to develop.
- Fluency in English.
Interview process & timeline in brief
- Shortlisted applications can expect to have a conversation with a member of the Recruitment team during the beginning of November 2019.
- The next stage will be a video interview.
- The final stage will be an assessment day which will be held at our Bexhill HQ in mid-December 2019.
Benefits for you
- Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
- A competitive basic salary which will we share with you upon shortlisting.
- Bonus earning potential.
- Flexible working – the opportunity to work from home on occasion
- 25 day’s holiday.
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays, healthcare cash plan, dental insurance and Share incentive plan.
- Discounted Hastings Direct products, high – street retailer discounts.
- Employee discount scheme for large UK retailers.
To apply now, please click on the button below.
Hastings Insurance Services Ltd is a UK personal lines insurance broker servicing customers online and by phone.
Sign up for job alerts - its free