IoC Cloud Computing Bootcamp - Nationwide
Working in partnership with the Institute of Coding, Coventry University in collaboration with Gradcore delivering Skills Bootcamps as part of the government’s Skills for Life. This is a unique opportunity to learn industry best standards and practice, develop technical skills, and all whilst we work with you to find suitable employment after you finish the course.
• Places are limited and places will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis to eligible applicants.
This 10-week technical training will feature blended learning: eight guided learning hours, Monday-Thursday 6pm to 8pm (online) and fifteen hours a week of structured, unsupervised. The two-hour live sessions will include academic content delivery and guided practical activities. Real-time content delivery will typically be recorded and made available for later review, and flexible support will be available outside of formally timetabled sessions and provided by Coventry University Student Proctors. The final two weeks of the course will be dedicated to employability tuition and interviews. However, the employer engagement team will start contacting you with suggestions for jobs to apply from week five onwards and offer support to learners who may need it.
An important element of Bootcamp delivery will be practice-based learning. We will embed personal and professional learning and development into our core delivery to ensure that you develop the personal and interpersonal skills required to operate successfully as a digital professional.
19th of June – 8th of September 2023
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will receive a Certificate of Attendance from Coventry University. Learners must attend a minimum of 75% of all online sessions to receive a certificate of attendance at the end of the course.
As part of the government's Skills Bootcamps initiative, this course is provided completely free of charge to the unemployed or self-employed applicants.
What will you learn?
The Cloud Computing Skill Bootcamp takes place over 12 weeks. The first 10 teach you about Cloud Computing, while the final two are dedicated to supporting you in using what you have learned to seek employment.
Cloud Computing is one of the key applications of computer science and you will, as well as learning about The Cloud, also learn the computer science fundamentals that underlie it: programming, data and data analytics, and networking. The syllabus will include the uses and applications of the Cloud, what services it provides, data centres, storage, security, Cloud management, and real-world examples and use cases. You’ll learn basic programming, and how to use data, as well as being exposed to cloud simulations and software.
- Applicants should be available to attend the complete course, from 19th June to 8th September 2023
- Applicants will need to have regular access to a desktop or laptop computer with an internet connection.
- Unemployed applicants should be committed to securing a job interview by the end of October 2023, moving into/returning to a role that utilises the skills acquired in this Skills Bootcamp within 6 months of completion of the course.
To be eligible to join this course applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- must be aged 19 or older
- have the right to work in the UK. This can be checked on gov.uk/prove-right-to-work
- meet residency requirements - applicants should be UK nationals or other person with a right to live and work in the UK without any immigration restrictions who have been ordinarily resident in the UK, or the British Overseas Territories, or the Crown Dependencies (Channel Islands and Isle of Man) for at least the previous 3 years on the first day of learning.
- Agree to provide mandatory personal data and supplementary information on their employment outcomes for up to 8 months following completion of the Skills Bootcamp.
How to apply
As a free course with places limited to 45, our application process will ensure the training is made available to those who will benefit most from the opportunity.
To apply please complete all steps below:
1) Familiarise with DFE Privacy Notice for Skills Bootcamps, Skills bootcamps privacy notice Q&A, IoC Privacy Statement and ILR Privacy Statement
2) Complete the online application form – click the link here.
* If you are required to hold a Visa to work in the UK you will be asked to evidence of your right to work in the UK with a "right to work share code". If possible, please obtain this code before submitting your application via the government website: https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work .
3) Download, sign (electronic or wet signature) and return a copy of the Learner Declaration via e-mail to Lyn Casson at firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadline
4) Prepare documents to evidence your identity and age, current address, residency and right to work in the UK. The acceptable forms of ID and documentation to evidence all the above are below:
- Identity and age - Valid passport. A photo driving licence. A proof of age card such as the PASS card from the national Proof of Age Standards Scheme.
- Current address - Valid UK driving licence. Recent utility bill (gas, electricity, water, or landline phone) Council tax bill. Recent credit card or bank statement.
- Continuous residency - Documentary evidence of continuous residence in the UK – find a list of accepted documents here.
- Right to work in the UK
Coventry University is a stimulating, diverse and enthusiastic organisation that is committed to delivering the very best experience for our students and staff alike.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :computing & it jobs london ioc cloud computing bootcamp nationwide coventry
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Euroclear Graduate IT Analyst - (Design, Build, Test and Support)
Graduate Software Developer (No coding experience required) - TPP
Information Technology Graduate Programme
Babcock International Group
South East, Portsmouth
Trainee Reinsurance Analyst
£34,000 plus bonus and benefits
Sales Development Representative / Business Development Representative
£30,000 Basic, £47,000 OTE
Remote (work from home), London
Applications Engineer – Heathrow
£33,000 + Area Allowance (£2,700 per annum for Heathrow)