Jaguar Land Rover - Manufacturing Engineering & Operations Undergraduate
- £17,000 per annum + benefits
- 31st January 2020
- Start date:
- June 2020
- Job type:
Creating the cars of tomorrow is a challenge around 40,000 passionate Jaguar Land Rover colleagues take on every day. The way cars are created and driven is changing. And we are leading that change. Our vision is for a cleaner, smarter, more connected world where autonomous, connected, electrified and shared vehicles will replace the environmentally impactful world of the internal combustion engine. Throughout our history we have always taken on the challenges of creating the most prestigious, sustainable and desirable car
WHAT TO EXPECT
Innovative and pioneering, since the beginning we’ve been committed to delivering the best manufacturing techniques. Today, revolutionary technologies and innovative lean processes combine to meet our ambitious programme of new models and vehicle lines.
From process engineering and powertrain manufacturing to launching new model programmes, and international growth of our production facilities, the scope of manufacturing is vast, and you’ll use your drive to make an impact in a diverse range of areas, including:
- Application of Lean Manufacturing and Design principles in world-class facilities
- Managing the design, and implementation of new facilities and/or processes for minimum environmental impact with a focus towards Autonomous, Connected and Electrified vehicle development
- Supporting supplier selection and vendor management with the opportunity for genuine early responsibility
- Assessing feasibility of designs to suit manufacturing build requirements
- Preparation of costs, budgets and timing plans for large UK and international projects
- Co-ordinate the support of Plant Engineering functions with respect to the provision of facilities and utilities
- Determine capability of processes and equipment, including Dimensional Management applications
- Assessment and feasibility of new manufacturing facilities, including international assignments
- Production quality planning and analysis.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
Excellence runs throughout our entire business we expect you to be the same. You’re currently studying for a relevant Engineering or other STEM -Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics degree (not including Biology, Life Sciences, or similar) and on track for at least a 2:2. Driven, determined to learn and with impressive commercial awareness, you’ll have no doubts that our Manufacturing Engineering undergraduate programme is the next challenge for you.
Please be aware that our undergraduate placement opportunities are only open to penultimate year students (i.e. students who will be returning to their final year of study following their placement with us); or returning to university to study a Masters.
This undergraduate programme has a fixed start date commencing June 22, 2020 and will run for a duration of 12 months.
REWARDS AND BENEFITS
Your innovation and creativity will be challenged every day, as you develop a rigorous and commercially focused approach in your work. And, with on-going support from industry leading experts and continual learning opportunities, you’ll quickly realise that our programmes have been designed to be as inspiring as the pioneering vehicles you’ll help produce.
Whichever part of the business you join your hard work and contribution deserves recognition. You’ll receive a competitive salary of around £326 per week, or £17,000 per annum. For those on placements of longer than 3 months there is a generous holiday allowance. There are a range of other benefits and regular social events so plenty of chances to make friends and have fun too.
Play your part – apply now!
Jaguar Land Rover will not support any applications for visa sponsorship for this role and applicants must have the unrestricted right to work in the UK for an indefinite period.
Jaguar Land Rover is a multisite business and our opportunities could be based at any of our UK sites.
On making your application please use your personal email address and NOT a university or school address.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportuntities for all.
Sign up for job alerts - its free