Junior AV Technician
We are a school who puts communication at the heart of our operations. With technological innovations making it increasingly possible to share on-site events with a wide audience, we aim to deliver an excellent streaming and sharing service to all our pupils, as well as the wider community of parents, Old Etonians and the general public.
The role of AV Technician is to run the College broadcast operations including a studio, outdoor sports broadcasts and live-streamed events from College venues, while working alongside other departments with responsibilities including networking and data storage/processing.
This role is a fixed term contract until July 2022, working term time plus three days at the start and end of each term, typically working 37.5 hours per week, over six days. Weekend and weekday evenings will be required when there are events to be filmed or streamed. Time will be given in lieu for any hours or days worked over the contracted hours. (Further details about the proposed working pattern will discussed at interview stage.)
- To operate and manage the school’s broadcast studio and associated equipment.
- To manage all live-streamed events throughout the College and have management of all the equipment involved in this.
- To liaise with the Heads of IT when new requirements are presented from stakeholders to ensure a joined up and fully supported approach to all communications and broadcasts.
- To be responsible for maintaining and keeping up to date all the school’s equipment and managing the annual replacement schedule.
- To be responsible for the storage, security, permissions and retention policies applying to all streamed content. To support and assist with student broadcasting.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role, the incumbent should have:
- Level 4 or higher qualification in visual arts/media or related subject
- Experience with digital moving image cameras and studio lighting
- Experience editing with Adobe Premier Pro and Adobe Photoshop (or similar)
- Experience recording and editing audio in Logic Pro X (or similar)
- Experience of maintaining relevant equipment
- Experience of using digital distribution platforms
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Fantastic communication skills, confidence, creativity and energy
- A flexible approach, with the ability to work to tight deadlines and function well under pressure
- Excellent organisation and collaboration skills
- A supportive manner when training boys in the use of equipment
- The ability to think strategically and measure the effectiveness of strategies
- The ability to maintain a professional manner when representing Eton College
Eton College offers a wide range of benefits, including an 11% employer contribution to your pension (with 4.9% employee contribution), Employee Assistance Programme, enhanced Maternity / Paternity scheme, free eyecare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, subsidised lunches during term time, free access to the College’s sport and leisure facilities and discounts at local retailers and businesses.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website: https://jobsearch.etoncollege.com/jobs/job/AV-Technician/290
Closing Date: Sunday 5th September 2021
Eton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Eton College is a 13–18 independent boarding school for boys in the town of Eton, near Windsor in Berkshire, England
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :junior technician eton college
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Trainee Tech Recruiter
South West, Bristol
Technology Risk Graduate Programme - EY
South West, London, West Midlands, North West, Scotland, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester
Graduate Management Trainee - Maidstone
South East, Maidstone
Trainee Merchandiser - Next
East Midlands, Leicester
BAE Systems Graduate Programmes
BAE Systems PLC
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide
Account Manager - TPP - £50,000