Manufacturing Operations and Engineering – Undergraduate
- West Midlands, Birmingham
- Apply by:
- 14th December 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
Our award-winning graduate and apprentice programmes have been designed to be just as inspiring as the next generation of vehicles you’ll help produce. In fact, we’ve designed our early careers programmes for you to shape the future with us. With opportunities right across our business, you’ll use your creativity to bring new ideas to life, develop specialist, commercial and project skills and push the boundaries of your potential.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Innovative and pioneering, since the beginning we’ve been committed to delivering the best manufacturing techniques. Today, revolutionary technologies and innovative lean processes combine to meet our ambitious programme of new models and vehicle lines.
From process engineering and powertrain manufacturing to launching new model programmes, and international growth of our production facilities, the scope of Manufacturing is vast and you’ll use your drive to make an impact in a diverse range of areas, including:
• Application of Lean Manufacturing and Design principles in world-class
• Managing the design, and implementation of new facilities and/or processes for minimum environmental impact with a focus towards Autonomous, Connected and Electrified vehicle development
• Supporting supplier selection and vendor management with the opportunity for genuine early responsibility
• Assessing feasibility of designs to suit manufacturing build requirements
• Preparation of costs, budgets and timing plans for large UK and international projects
• Co-ordinate the support of Plant Engineering functions with respect to the provision of facilities and utilities
• Determine capability of processes and equipment, including Dimensional Management applications
• Assessment and feasibility of new manufacturing facilities, including international assignments
• Production quality planning and analysis.
With ongoing support from industry-leading experts, you’ll help drive our success across the world.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
Excellence runs throughout our entire business we expect you to be the same. You’re currently studying for a relevant Engineering or other STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) degree not including Biology, Life Sciences, or similar and on track for at least a 2:2. Driven, determined to learn and with impressive commercial awareness, you’ll have no doubts that our Manufacturing Engineering undergraduate programme is the next challenge for you.
Please be aware that our undergraduate placement opportunities are only open to penultimate year students (i.e. students who will be returning to their final year of study following their placement with us or those applying for a 12 month placement as a formal part of their degree course). This does not apply to our Engineering sponsorship schemes where any year of study is considered.
Whatever your role, you’ll discover our dedication to developing excellence runs throughout the business. Your innovation and creativity will be challenged every day, as you develop a rigorous and commercially focused approach to your work. And with ongoing support from industry-leading experts, you’ll quickly realise the schemes have been designed to be just as inspiring as the pioneering vehicles you’ll help produce.
Our placements start on June 24 2019 and are for a fixed duration of 12 months
REWARDS AND BENEFITS
Whichever path you follow, your hard work and contribution deserves recognition. So as well as ongoing support and learning opportunities, you’ll receive a competitive salary. This will be around £300 per week, or £15,600 p.a.
For those on 12 month placements, a generous holiday allowance will also be yours, as will many other benefits. With on-site facilities like gyms and sports hall, plus regular social events, you’ll have plenty of chances to make friends and have fun too.
Sign up for job alerts - its free