Marketing Executive (Travel Industry)
Do you want to join an award-winning company for being the Best place to work in travel?
Our award-winning brand has emerged as one of the most trusted brands in travel over the last few years and we are immensely proud of our achievements. Whilst travel has been disrupted by the pandemic, innovation has continued, and we are ready to enter the next phase of our development with exciting plans to evolve and broaden our appeal to attract new customers.
We are looking for a hungry graduate, either fresh from study or that has a few years relevant experience to join our new brand, Breeze by Kuoni as a Marketing Executive.
Firstly, let’s paint a picture of what we do:
Kuoni is a premium travel brand, owned by Der Touristik UK and has a very simple story behind its success, with a growing network of boutique travel stores and over 200 awards recognising the brands ambition to deliver the very best to its customers. It’s because our outstanding team go the extra mile to create unique holidays. Our staff are our biggest asset!
As we have evolved, we created a new brand called Breeze by Kuoni. Breeze by Kuoni is a new online travel concept specialising in trips to both the USA and Canada – creating an easy-‘breezy’ booking experience. www.breeze.kuoni.co.uk
This role is Monday to Friday and benefits from our flexible hybrid working agreement – where you can choose to work from the comfort of your home or in our head office (a minimum of 1 day a week is required in head office, located in Dorking, Surrey and it’s pretty special!).
More about the role:
Reporting to the Breeze Programme Manager, you’ll be responsible for coordinating the marketing performance of Breeze by Kuoni – including monitoring the agreed budgets and targets, and then managing the marketing plan through to delivery and evaluation. Your role will include responsibility for coordinating all digital and non-digital channels, including organic and paid search, social media, direct mail and email, PR, events and internal marketing.
You’ll also assist with the the design of customer touchpoints – from initial customer contact to arrival home – and for maximising the marketing potential of partner (airlines, tourist boards and hotels) marketing funds.
Additionally you will coordinate content creation for website content and ongoing marketing activity which will involve sourcing content from temporary or freelance providers.
What you’ll be doing
- Based on agreed budgets and targets, implementing the marketing plan for breeze by Kuoni, including targeting identified markets, influencing creative strategy, messaging, channel selection, timing and budget allocation per channel.
- Coordinating the delivery of all tactical marketing activity to realise that plan including:
- briefing creative concepts and managing production of those concepts through to delivery,
- media selection and media buying, in consultation with the Studio Manager,
- digital activity, including organic search, paid search, social media and other paid digital activity, in consultation with the Senior Manager Digital,
- tactical PR activity, both trade and consumer, in association with the Head of PR & Communications,
- trade marketing activity, in association with the Trade Manager,
- events – both client and external,
- internal marketing, to ensure that all relevant staff (breeze team and Retail) are fully briefed,
- performance monitoring vs. success criteria, sharing that performance with the Campaigns Manager other subbrand marketing managers and using that performance data to inform future campaigns.
- Managing the Social Media accounts of a new, dynamic and innovative digital travel brand
- Working with the Studio Manager to produce all print and digital assets required for campaign delivery and fulfilment, including the provision of all marketing and product copy.
- Working with the Senior Manager Digital to ensure all digital properties (website etc) are continually optimised to ensure the highest conversion of visitors into enquirers.
- Working with the CRM & Data Manager to ensure that the opportunities for prospect conversion and customer retention are being maximised.
- Working with the subbrand marketing managers and the Campaigns Manager to ensure that all tactical activity across all Kuoni subbrands is optimised to maximise cost effectiveness and positive perceptions of the overall Kuoni brand.
- Working with the Product Managers and subbrand marketing managers to maximise the potential for partner (airlines, tourist boards, hotels etc) contribution and the optimal usage of that contribution. To include preparing proposals, agreeing proposals, ensuring activity is undertaken, reporting and invoicing.
- Designing and implementing the customer journey, from initial contact through to arrival home and re-solicitation, including the documentation to support that journey.
- Tracking key competitor activity and adjusting plans as necessary.
- Coordinating the marketing budget (Breeze) including monitoring, forecasting and revising as required.
What are we looking for:
- A bright, pro-active and motivated individual with a passion for travel and an ambition to work for one of the UK’s leading travel companies
- A person with strong people skills, who can adapt quickly to the needs of a new brand with a ‘Start-Up’ mentality
- A disciplined thinker and analytical problem solver who has the capacity to manage complex issues and capture the trust and respect of colleagues at all levels
- Experience and demonstrated understanding of the world of paid digital marketing
- Experience and demonstrated understanding of Search Engine Optimisation
- Experience of managing social media accounts and building engagement between a brand and its customers
- Excellent English language skills with demonstrated experience of copywriting and content management for websites
- Comfort in working with people from all levels of an organisation, including directors and managers.
- Understanding of managing elements of a B2C website
- Well organised and conscientious with excellent attention to detail.
- Numerate and comfortable with numbers and spreadsheets.
Salary and or benefits
- £25,000 - £30,000 (with a yearly bonus of 5%)
- Discounted Kuoni holidays & regular prize draws for flights and holidays
- Opportunity to progress within the company
- Opportunity to work for the ‘Best Place to work in Travel’, with like-minded colleagues
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays (increases with length of service)
- Free annual travel insurance
- 24 hour access to our employee assistance programme
- Travel season ticket loans
- Cycle to Work scheme
Please send your CV and a covering letter.
Your covering letter should include the following: Your marketing degree and information on whether you have any hands on experience, what you believe you can offer Kuoni and lastly and most importantly – your most memorable travel moment you have experienced.
Please apply by Friday 19th August.
In the meantime, follow us on @workatkuoniuk on Instagram and follow us on LinkedIn – this will give you a good feel for our culture.
Kuoni is one of the UK’s best companies to work for and we are proud to be part of the DER Touristik UK group. Quality and service are at the heart of everything we do, so we go the extra mile to tailor-make holidays our customers will never forget.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :marketing executive travel industry kuoni
People who applied for this job also applied for:
2022 Consulting Graduate Programmes - KPMG
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Nationwide, Republic of Ireland
Marketing Executive (Travel Industry)
up to £30,000 plus 5% yearly bonus
South East, Dorking
Graduate Data Management Consultant – paid to train
£32,000 year one salary, rising to £40,000 in your second year
2022 Deal Advisory Vacation Programme - KPMG
South East, South West, London, Bristol, Reading
MDS Graduate Scheme - London & South
£22,000 to £23,000
South East, South West, London
Graduate Business Intelligence Consultant
London, Scotland, Yorkshire, Glasgow, Leeds