Mechanical Design Engineering Graduate Programme
About the programme
The maintenance of the Royal Navy’s ships and submarines is fundamental to its ability to defend our nation and its interests. On this programme, you will learn how the Facilities Engineering Design team directly supports the maintenance of these critical assets, developing a deep understanding of design and maintenance processes and equipment.
Mechanical Design Engineering at Babcock
You will be working with a team of Engineers in one of the Mechanical & Nuclear Process Group teams, who act as the Technical Authority for all mechanical systems and nuclear processes on the Devonport site, ensuring that the reference designs are maintained and kept up to date.
You may also be involved in nuclear safety implicated design tasks requiring a high degree of technical substantiation. You will learn about different facilities on site and the design and safety due process applied to ensure that all facilities and equipment are safe, fit for purpose and comply with legislation.
What you'll need
- A BEng (Hons) degree or a BSc (Hons) degree in a relevant Engineering subject
- To be able to satisfy the MoD and our customer’s security requirements (you may also need to complete a medical assessment)
What you'll get
We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
- Minimum 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + agile working* subject to conversation with your Manager
- Generous pension and employee share schemes
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach and volunteering activities, which our graduates find incredibly rewarding in all sorts of other ways.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive during this development programme. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career.
Where you'll be based
We ask our graduates to be flexible as there is the potential to undertake placements in other locations during their programme.
Babcock International Group
Babcock is an international defence company operating in our focus countries of the UK, Australasia, Canada, France and South Africa, with exports to additional markets. We operate as four main sectors - Marine, Nuclear, Land and Aviation.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :mechanical design engineering graduate programme babcock international
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Graduate Data Engineer – paid to train
£34k Starting Salary
Data Science Graduate Programme
Remote (work from home), South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire, Nationwide
Implementation Specialist - TPP
Graduate Software Developer (No coding experience required)
Applications Engineer – Heathrow
£30,000 + Area Allowance
Junior Cloud Engineer | SRE Specialist - Cambridgeshire and Stevenage
South East, The East, Stevenage