Monitoring Trustee Services Junior Consultant
Overview of the Advisory & Consulting service line
The Advisory & Consulting Service Line is a rapidly growing, award winning, global group of successful teams working together to present a go-to-market differentiator whilst delivering the highest quality of work for our clients.
If you are successful in securing a role on our training programme you will join a team of 600+ innovative specialists across a variety of sectors including Financial Services, Industry & Services, and Public Services. Our Advisory teams are at the forefront of global M&A transactions, large international infrastructure projects, high-profile forensic investigations, business valuations, corporate restructuring and creditor advisory services; all with the aim of adding value to clients by finding solutions to a range of financial issues as one collaborative team.
An introduction to our Monitoring Trustee team:
The Monitoring Trustee team is a dynamic consultancy team providing companies and regulatory authorities with advice on monitoring the implementation of competition remedies in merger, anti-trust and state aid cases. The team works with a multinational, blue chip client base. Mazars is regularly appointed as Monitoring Trustee in relation to the world's largest M&A transactions and is a well renowned market leader in the field.
The role of a Consultant is to support the team in delivering projects. This means assisting in all aspects of the project lifecycle; from the sales or ‘business development' process, to project planning, execution of fieldwork and preparation of deliverables including actively contributing to final recommendations.
You will be also involved in non-client activities such as assisting with internal projects and research initiatives.
We are moving to a new hybrid working model, so as a consultant you will split your time between working from home, visiting the office, client sites when required. With the potential of travel outside of the UK, depending on government guidelines.
During your first year you will:
- Provide support to managers and supervisors on projects across various client types;
- Develop a strong understanding of (i) monitoring trustee services, (ii) the monitoring of behavioural as well as structural remedies and (iii) different industries; and
- Interact with clients' staff and build an effective rapport.
- During your second year you will:
- Take more responsibility on projects;
- Self-review your own-work, ensuring minimal review points are raised by managers; and
- Provide guidance to less experienced team members.
After two years you will:
- Take on more responsibility for developing service lines and business;
- Take more responsibility on project, owning project deliverables; and
- Demonstrate foundational project management capabilities.
- As a Consultant the typical daily duties will include:
- Research information and statistics as required;
- Collection and synthesis of information from research;
- Drafting client-specific conclusions and recommendations based on research;
- Support in the monitoring of compliance of parties with commitments offered to competition authorities in the UK, EU and globally (North and South America, Asia).
- Support in the assessment of potential purchasers of divestment businesses (e.g., review of business plans, financial resources, independence etc.)
- Support in the monitoring of behavioural commitments (e.g., prices, bundling etc.)
- Maintaining professional working relationships with clients and your colleagues throughout fieldwork and social activities; and
- Supporting sales and business development processes by assisting in the preparation of proposals for new work.
- Ability to express ideas with authority and conviction throughout verbal and written communication.
- Ability to think creatively, generate innovative ideas, challenge the status quo, and deliver work effectively.
- Interpersonal skills: the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
- Analytical skills: the ability to think critically, research and solve problems.
- Ability to multitask and work with tight timelines.
- Commitment to self-development & learning.
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity, and integrity.
Strong academic performance is important, so we know that you're ready to take your professional qualifications. However, we understand things don't always go to plan – so if you don't meet our minimum requirements, please let us know if you have any exceptional achievements or extenuating circumstances which affected your results. We also consider your achievements in the context of your socio-economic background, so encourage you to submit your contextual information.
- On track to achieve or have obtained a Master's in a business or legal related discipline
- Obtained a 2.1 or above in any degree discipline
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points. This is based on the new 2017 UCAS Tariff. You can calculate your UCAS points here.
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
We operate several in-house training courses which will give you the technical insight into monitoring trustee services.
You will be given a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
After you have completed one year as a Junior Consultant, there will be an opportunity for you to study towards a professional qualification if desired.
If you are interested in a career in professional services, we can offer you an exciting head start by joining one of our trainee schemes for school or college leavers.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :finance jobs london monitoring trustee junior consultant mazars
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Risk Consulting (Internal Audit) Graduate Trainee
London, West Midlands, Birmingham
Graduate Banking Services - London
Graduate Data Management Consultant – paid to train - Nationwide
£32,000 year one salary, rising to £40,000 in your second year
Sponsored Graduate IT Analyst
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Business Analyst Graduate Programme – Aug 2022
£24500 after training
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide
Graduate Business Intelligence Consultant