Naval Architecture Graduate Programme
About the programme
Naval Architecture comes in one size: big. And big means rewarding. You could be tackling some of the most complex engineering challenges today, from designing advanced fast patrol vessels to getting involved in technical ship science. Over the course of two years, you’ll experience the full breadth and complexity of our work through a number of placements.
Naval Architecture at Babcock
The activities in this area are many and varied. You might be helping us design a variety of cutting-edge floating vessels and structures, or investigating the finer points of resistance, propulsion and access or you may be involved in fire safety and escape evacuation. What’s certain is that you’ll work with – and learn from – some of the most respected naval architects in the world. You’ll learn how to analyse and design various aspects of floating vessels and structures (including hull form, arrangement, stability, structures, resistance, propulsion and access). In the process, you’ll make a real contribution to projects too. Previous graduates here have worked on everything from naval ships, in service or decommissioning submarines to small boats, and commercial vessels and platforms. They have helped us develop unmanned surface vessel support solutions and even been involved in next generation submarine pre-concept engineering.
What you'll need
- A BEng (Hons) degree accredited by RINA/IMarEST is desirable
- To be able to satisfy our customer’s security requirements (you may need to complete a medical assessment)
What you'll get
We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
- Minimum 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + agile working* subject to conversation with your Manager
- Generous pension and employee share schemes
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach and volunteering activities, which our graduates find incredibly rewarding in all sorts of other ways.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive during this development programme. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career.
Where you'll be based
No matter which team you join, you could be based anywhere in the UK. That’s why we ask all our graduates to be flexible and willing to move during their programme.
Apply now by clicking here, or by using the 'Apply Now' button below.
Babcock International Group
Babcock is an international defence company operating in our focus countries of the UK, Australasia, Canada, France and South Africa, with exports to additional markets. We operate as four main sectors - Marine, Nuclear, Land and Aviation.