NHS Finance Management Training Scheme
Locations - South West, South Central regions.
We are looking for influential individuals who want a career in finance, delivering deeper value for money in an ever changing organisation.
If you want to work in the NHS and believe that you can make a difference, our 3 year training scheme based on work placements in a variety of healthcare organisations within your region offers outstanding development opportunities which will challenge you and reward you every day.
Trainees will be placed within the finance functions of both commissioning and provider NHS organisations within their allocated health economy and will gain experience in a broad range of finance.
Full time - 37.5 hours a week. Monday - Friday
Qualifications - 2.2 degree or equivalent qualification eg. AAT/NVQ with three years relevant work experience.
Excellent numerical, writing, computer literacy, oral and presentation skills.
- Genuine desire to work within the NHS
- Confident positive outlook with a 'can do' attitude
- Dedicated and hardworking
- Excellent communicator
- Drive and ambition to become a director of finance
What you can expect from the scheme
- Career development from day one
- Peer support and development with other trainees
- Salaried role with full benefits package
- 27 days annual leave and pension scheme
- Study leave and full financial support
- Fully funded professional accounting qualification (ACCA)
- Trainees will study their qualification with ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) over a period of 36 months.
- Annual leave of 27 days plus 8 public holidays
- Generous study leave and exam leave
- Contributory pension scheme, inflation linked
- Full financial support for professional accounting qualification
- Three year training contract
- Access to a wide range of training and development events
- Networking opportunities with senior finance staff
Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete an online test which combines numerical and logical based skills, more appropriate to work based problem-solving skills.
Following the online testing, successful candidates will be invited to attend an assessment centre where further personal skills will be evaluated by NHS finance professionals to determine suitability for the scheme.
Link to application form
Healthcare Financial Management Association
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :nhs finance management scheme healthcare financial association
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Local Government Graduate Finance Programme
The Local Government Finance Graduate Programme
Trainee Mortgage Advisor
£23,000 + CeMap qualifications + commission
London, Chiswick, Gunnersbury
Data Product Analyst - Graduate Programme
£32,000 (increasing to £40k after one year)
Graduate programmes in Tax with PwC - Autumn 2021
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide
Operational Audit Graduate Programme - Lidl
£37,000 + Company car + benefits
Graduate Recruitment Consultant - London
Spencer Ogden Ltd
South East, London