|Salary:||£22,000 to £24,000 experience dependant|
Who are Safari Kid?
Joining Safari Kid means that you’ll be welcomed into a people driven, ambitious and caring team. We’re global in our scope and ambition, but our core values mean that we can create a nurturing and safe environment where ambitious, motivated people can grow.
Safari Kid are an international network of nurseries that were founded in California in 2005 and now have more than 1500 children using our centres in locations in India, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Dubai and the UK. We fuse the best practises from the Montessori, Reggio Emilia and Waldorf Steiner approaches and marry this with beautiful learning environments and 21st century technologies and a strong focus on customized learning to help develop cognitive, social, emotional, physical, creative and reasoning skills in children below 7.
What is the role?
Safari Kid is about to embark on a journey of growth, opening more nursery schools in our current markets as well as opening schools in new markets globally too. With our expected growth over the next four years, it is critical that we have the right passionate and dedicated people joining us to make us successful.
As we grow in the UK and recruit more people to join our teams, we need to ensure that we manage our people effectively at all times, from attraction, recruitment, onboarding and throughout their employee journey. To build the best possible team to deliver our exceptional Employee Value Proposition (EVP) we are looking for an ambitious People Assistant to support our People Team and help us deliver on our people centric culture.
This is a fast paced and varied role, which will have a large impact within the organisation. It is an exciting and unique opportunity for a self-starter who can use their own initiative and wants to make an impact in an industry that really makes a difference to families and children.
What will you do?
As the first People Assistant you will get to take ownership for the following, and we are also looking for you to bring your own ideas and suggestions to help us innovate and grow in the right ways:
• Take the lead with the administration for all of Safari Kid’s UK’s
• Putting together payroll and pensions data accurately and on time
• Ensure DBS checks are carried out efficiently and timely ahead of peoples 1st day
• Take the lead with gathering appropriate reference checks ahead of peoples 1st day
• Coordinate and run Induction training for all new starters
• Ensure that probationary periods are managed proactively
• Produce employment contracts and offer letters for all employees
• Support the Head of People and Recruitment with day to day tasks
• Arrange travel, visas and accommodation as required
• Take notes at meetings efficiently and provide professional summaries
• Take responsibility for welcoming visitors to our hub office
• Take phone calls, enquiries and requests for the London Hub and handle them in the appropriate way and direct them to the right person
• Devise, implement and maintain office systems for People records, including data management and filing
• Produce documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations for people related matters
• Responsible for hosting and creating engagement events, and being able to manage accounts and budgets for such events.
• Organise and attend meetings and ensure that managers are well prepared for meetings
What else is important to know?
This role will be based in London in our hub office in Moorgate, but will be required to travel to all UK as needed. You will report to the UK Head of People and Recruitment but have a dotted line to the Chief People Officer.
Salary £22,000 - £24,000 experience dependant.
• Strong initiative
• Detailed and accurate
• Highly organised and efficient
• People centric
• Team player
• Commercially astute
• Autonomous and self-driven
Sign up for job alerts - its free
£26,500 (increasing every year of the programme) South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, North West, North East, Yorkshire, Nationwide 1-Sep-2019
£25,000 to £28,000 starting salary South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide ASAP
Expenses will be paid. London ASAP
£300 to £350 per week South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide ASAP
£22,000 to £24,500 location weighting plus benefits plus Bonus London, Wood Green, Bounds Green Ongoing