Process Design Engineering Graduate Programme
About the programme
You’ll be responsible for maintaining the design intent of plant and equipment that supports refit and maintenance activities on the Royal Navy’s fleet of nuclear powered submarines. You will ensure that refuel/defuel activities can be undertaken safely and will design modifications to systems that maintain and control reactor plant temperature and chemistry while also keeping operators safe.
You will act as custodian of associated reference design documentation, producing technical drawings, models and reports, and carrying out analyses, surveys, validations and inspections to ensure that information is accurate and that equipment is fit-for-purpose. You will visit submarine reactor compartments, building knowledge of how reactors operate and will advise on discharge, receipt, storage, filtration and treatment of radioactive effluent.
To support you in your role, you will have access to the latest computer hardware/software as well as to subject matter experts across a wide range of interfacing disciplines, and you will also have plenty of opportunities for training and development.
Process Design Engineering at Babcock
Working alongside experienced design engineers as part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will use state-of-the-art CAD tools to produce drawings and specifications for new and modified platform maintenance facilities and equipment. You’ll use the Facilities Engineering VR suite and smart screens to present your designs to the supply chain and manufacturing teams, learning and developing as you go.
What you'll need
- A BEng (Hons) degree or a BSc (Hons) degree in a relevant Engineering subject.
- To be able to satisfy our customer’s security requirements (you may also need to complete a medical assessment).
What you'll get
We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
- Minimum 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + agile working* subject to conversation with your Manager
- Generous pension and employee share schemes
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach and volunteering activities, which our graduates find incredibly rewarding in all sorts of other ways.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive during this development programme. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career.
Where you'll be based
We ask our graduates to be flexible as there is the potential to undertake placements in other locations during their programme.
Apply now by clicking here, or by using the 'Apply Now' button below.
Babcock International Group
Babcock is an international defence company operating in our focus countries of the UK, Australasia, Canada, France and South Africa, with exports to additional markets. We operate as four main sectors - Marine, Nuclear, Land and Aviation.