Restructuring Services Graduate Trainee
OVERVIEW OF THE SERVICE LINE & TEAM
The Financial Advisory Services (FAS) team is a rapidly growing, award winning and global group. You will be joining a team at the forefront of large international infrastructure projects, global M&A transactions, high-profile forensic investigations, business valuations, corporate restructuring and national creditor advisory services; all with the aim of adding value to clients by finding solutions to a wide range of financial issues. Our FAS specialists support clients raising finance for large infrastructure projects, advise on corporate acquisitions (both in the UK and cross border), restructure businesses to secure livelihoods and act as experts on high profile international investigations and disputes.
Restructuring Services (“RS”) is a national team of over 100 restructuring, recovery and insolvency professionals dedicated to helping businesses and their stakeholders during times of difficulty. We advise a wide range of clients across the UK - from large corporations to small family businesses, from major banks to law firms to government agencies. We also advise many different sectors including retail, manufacturing, engineering, agriculture, the leisure industry and construction. Additionally as a global firm, we have the opportunity to work internationally.
Our role is to help businesses and their stakeholders, providing advice to business owners and directors whether in respect of business underperformance or at the early stages of distress all the way through to achieving the best outcome for creditors as part of an Administration or Liquidation process.
Your role will be to support the Partners, directors and managers with the day to day aspects of corporate insolvency. You will also have an opportunity to work on advisory assignments preparing formal reports for lenders and other stakeholders with a focus on financial analysis of both recent and forecast trading.
As an RS Trainee, your time would usually be split between working at client premises, working in the office and studying for your professional exams. However due to the current pandemic situation Mazars continues to work remotely only visiting the office and client sites on a restricted basis.
Working in the RS team provides significant variety with each matter likely to have its own different strategy and challenges, including the marketing and sale of distressed businesses and potentially trading businesses in Administration. You will have the opportunity to work closely with a variety of parties, including company directors, employees, major banks, solicitors and agents, in addition to working with internal Mazars contacts such as tax, pension and corporate finance colleagues
You will also be involved in business development and marketing activities of the department. Your time will be mostly spent at the offices (although meetings or working from client sites may also be required) whilst also studying for your professional exams.
Initially you will assist other team members with the management of their portfolio of corporate insolvency cases. Tasks will include:
- Assisting with the realisation of assets including the sale of properties, equipment and the collection of trade debts;
- Producing the necessary reports for banks and creditors;
- Using appropriate statutory forms, preparing and maintaining files;
- Compliance with statutory procedures throughout the cases and ensuring case files are accurate, up to date and progressed quickly and efficiently;
- Preparation of Director conduct returns and investigation reports, drafting statement of affairs and reports, updating and generally attending to compliance, dealing with creditor enquiries and maintaining records;
- Carrying out investigations into the affairs of the entity and assisting with claims arising from such investigations;
- Prioritise and resolving conflicting client demands;
- Produce case reviews in accordance with the firm's review procedure and provide feedback on progress of assignments to the partners;
- Assisting employees with their claims;
- Reviewing and agreeing creditor claims and assisting with the payment of dividends;
- Build strong working relationships with clients and intermediaries;
- Maintain control and stability under pressure whilst recognising deadlines; and
- Ensure that clients are billed according to agreed billing plans.
As you develop and progress, you will take on more responsibility in the form of your own portfolio of cases reporting directly to senior individuals within the team.
- Interpersonal skills; the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
- Analytical skills; the ability to think critically, research and solve problems.
- Attention to detail and strong time-management skills.
- Commitment to self-development & learning.
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity.
- Show vision, strategic perspective and focus on the achievement of longer term goals.
- Maintain control and stability under pressure whilst recognising the deadline or urgency to be dealt with.
- Make confident and clear presentations.
Strong academic performance is important so we know that you're ready to take your professional exams. However, we understand things don't always go to plan – so if you don't meet our minimum requirements, please let us know if you have any exceptional achievements or extenuating circumstances which affected your results. We also consider your achievements in the context of your socio-economic background, so encourage you to submit your contextual information.
- 2.1 or above in any degree discipline
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points. This is based on the new 2017 UCAS Tariff. You can calculate your UCAS points here.
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
We will fund your study towards the ACA qualification.
You will receive a full study package to ensure that you successfully complete your professional qualification. This includes time off to study, attend college and complete online courses. Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all of our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training.
You will be supported by a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
If you are interested in a career in professional services, we can offer you an exciting head start by joining one of our trainee schemes for school or college leavers.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :restructuring graduate trainee mazars scheme
People who applied for this job also applied for:
BDO BS&O Graduate Programme (Bristol)
South West, Bristol
Graduate programmes in Risk Assurance with PwC - Autumn 2021
South West, Bristol
EY Consulting Graduate Programmes
Competitive starting annual salary
South West, West Midlands, North West, Scotland, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester
EY Technology Risk Graduate Programme
Starting at £27,600
South East, South West, London, West Midlands, North West, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester, Reading
BDO Advisory Graduate Programme (London)
BDO Audit and Assurance Graduate Programme (North West and South West)
South West, North West, Bristol, Liverpool, Manchester