RF Graduate Engineer 2023
MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence.
RF Graduate EngineerWhat is the opportunity?
Our Radio-Frequency (RF) department works on projects that cover the whole product lifecycle from research and development through to full product design and production. The role covers Radio-Frequency Systems and Datalinks technologies with applications including systems design work, hardware and firmware. You will be able to perform highly scientific technical investigations, provide problem assessments and design solutions within a culture of innovative thinking.
What will you be doing?
You will develop expertise in innovative RF systems, communications and datalinks, and how these interact with other subsystems to form part of the wider missile system. Hands-on testing, integrating and designing industry-leading hardware and system components.
You will gain an understanding in the following areas:
- A variety of radio frequency subsystems including data communications; radars and radio altimeters, typically operating between 1 and 18GHz,
- Specification and assessment of RF products to support development, production and in-service programmes via interaction with UK and European colleagues and suppliers,
- Development, procurement, parameterisation, verification and/or validation of complex hardware performance models (e.g. Matlab, Simulink or similar),
- Monitoring supplier and technology roadmaps and identifying innovative and future technologies for investment,
- Research and design activities in collaboration with French, Italian and/or German colleagues.
Our roles will typically allow a blend of on-site and at-home working to suit the needs of the role and the individual. You will have support from the whole team both virtually and in person, as well as access to our range of high-tech lab equipment.
What are the benefits for you?
- Excellent opportunities for personal development
- Access to a vast array of training and opportunities to learn directly from experts in the field
- Ability to apply technical knowledge to influence the direction of technologies and projects
- Experience products at different phases of the product lifecycle
- Diverse range of roles available creating varied and stimulating work
- Excellent team culture with a collaborative and innovative mind-set
- Team members are friendly, approachable and offer support throughout all aspects of the role
- Opportunity to work alongside highly skilled engineers and physicists
- Team events and socials, building stronger relationships in and out of the office
- Interaction with other departments across the wider technical community, including external customers and suppliers
- Entry criteria, salary and benefits
- Degree qualified by September 2023 (minimum 2:2) in any relevant applied Physics, Electronics or Engineering degree
- Good communication and presentation skills
- A passion for applying your university learning to real-world engineering projects and technologies
- £30,000 starting salary plus £3,000 joining bonus
- Pension Scheme
- Access to range of employee discounts including Dining and Lifestyle discounts subsidised gym membership and more
Why choose us?
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.
Apply now by clicking here, or using the 'apply now' button below.
MBDA UK Limited
MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multinational group with 10,000 employees at industrial facilities in France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Germany, Spain and the United States.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :graduate engineer mbda limited
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Graduate Data Engineer – paid to train
£34k Starting Salary
Graduate Data Management Consultant – paid to train
£34k Starting Salary
RF Seekers Graduate Engineer 2023
MBDA UK Limited
South East, Stevenage
Trainee Data Analyst
Remote (work from home), London
Mechanical Engineering Graduate Programme
Babcock International Group
South West, London, East Midlands, West Midlands, North West, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Nationwide, Warrington, Belfast, Bristol, Leicester, Plymouth
Programme Management: Vehicle Programmes Engineering Undergraduate Programme
Jaguar Land Rover