Sales Executive - Immediate Start
- Competitive + benefits
- Apply by:
- 28th March 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
IDC is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy.
More than 1000 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For more than 50 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and Event Company.
Do you have a good understanding of sales and events?
Are you excited at the chance of having the opportunity to work for IDC, a leading IT market research and consulting company?
Your job as a Sales Executive for Delegates would be primarily to position IDCs end user services to executives where possible/needed by contacting executives by telephone in order to solicit their attendance to IDC events (custom dinner events and conferences).
You will attend the IDC events that you have worked on and support in running the event onsite, which will mean working outside of the core working hours from time to time. All IDC Custom Events are typically held within Central London and are at 5* locations.
• Contact senior IT executives by telephone (80%) and email/social media (20%) in order to solicit their attendance to IDC events (Executive Dinners, Breakfast Briefings, and on occasion Conferences).
• The events are free to attend but exclusive, so the focus is very much on finding quality delegates of the right seniority to meet our clients’ expectations.
Marketing & Lead Generation
• Providing potential attendees with the content specifics of each event and the key benefits they will get from attending.
• Source business contacts outside of IDC’s database in order to grow our pool of contacts (from LinkedIn, competitor events and other online resources) and update existing database contacts.
• Provide feedback of delegate discussions to the sales and events teams in order to help drive new business opportunities.
• Continue engagement with registered delegates during the retention phase to maximise attendance at the event.
• Updating spreadsheets for each campaign with the outcome of the calls made to contacts in order to have a clear view of each event’s progress.
• Collaborate with other IDC business units to broaden your understanding of each event to help with your delegate recruitment.
• Help with venue sourcing for each event and keep up-to-date with new, suitable event spaces in London.
• Assist in putting together pre/post-event PowerPoint decks for the Custom Events team.
• Any other ad hoc duties as and when required.
• The individual for this role would ideally have 1 year’s B2B sales experience, preferably within the events industry.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Happy and comfortable to pitch our events to senior decision-makers, primarily on the phone.
• Able to work to targets.
• Enjoy working in a fun, fast paced environment.
• Ambitious sales professional who is seeking a challenging career opportunity within an international culture.
• Have the capability to position technology events to prospective senior level delegates.
• Collaborative team player who can also work autonomously and use initiative.
• Skills in effective closing and objection handling.
• High proficiency in spoken and written English.
• Excellent Excel knowledge and general proficiency of Microsoft Office.
Our remuneration packages are competitive and individual. IDC offers a broad range of career challenges and opportunities and you will become part of a dynamic, international trained network with a driven and collaborative culture.
IDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law.
Click below to apply
Sign up for job alerts - its free