Software Engineering Graduate Programme
About the programme
Many of the systems that we create are driven by our own high-performance software. From harsh environments to complex architectures and strict information assurance, our software needs to be proven, reliable and fully integrated. This programme will teach you how to achieve this for everything from a desktop application to a measurement system on a nuclear power plant.
Software Engineering at Babcock
As part of a multi-disciplinary team, you’ll need to look at the big picture and understand how the software interacts with the system and its interfaces. You could be working on a huge variety of different projects. You could focus on something as small as an audio console for a communications project. Or you could work on something as large as a handling system on a world-class ship. Whatever you work on, you may be closely involved in the design, specification, implantation and testing of software and associated systems.
What you'll need
- A BEng/BSc (Hons) degree, ideally accredited by the IET and IMechE
- To be able to satisfy our customer’s security requirements (you may need to complete a medical assessment).
What you'll get
We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
- Minimum 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + agile working* subject to conversation with your Manager
- Generous pension and employee share schemes
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach and volunteering activities, which our graduates find incredibly rewarding in all sorts of other ways.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive during this development programme. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career.
Where you'll be based
No matter which team you join, you could be based anywhere in the UK. That’s why we ask all our graduates to be flexible and willing to move during their programme.
Apply now by clicking here, or by using the 'Apply Now' button below.
Babcock International Group
Babcock is an international defence company operating in our focus countries of the UK, Australasia, Canada, France and South Africa, with exports to additional markets. We operate as four main sectors - Marine, Nuclear, Land and Aviation.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :software engineering graduate programme scheme babcock international
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Graduate Software Developer (No coding experience required) - TPP
Wiley Edge - Graduate Software Engineer - UK
South West, London, North West, Scotland, Nationwide
Data Analytics Graduate Programme
Babcock International Group
South West, Scotland, Plymouth
Graduate Analyst - TPP
GCHQ - Cyber Operations Developer
South West, Gloucester
Applications Engineer – Heathrow
£33,000 + Area Allowance (£2,700 per annum for Heathrow)