Make a difference. Play your part in engineering solutions to make UK energy security stronger and join us on our Structural/Mechanical Engineer Graduate Programme. Help us drive the world towards a net zero future while operating globally and reducing carbon emissions.
Join us. Unleash your energy within.
Our Graduate Structural and Mechanical Engineers contribute to exciting projects, such as designing wind farms, substations, and floating concepts; designing and analysing pipeline systems and subsea architecture; and performing computational fluid dynamics. You will be improving operational efficiency, developing carbon capture and storage solutions, and may even visit offshore installations across the globe. The aim of your role will be to encourage innovative solutions and approaches to problems while keeping our values at the front of what you do. You will join one of three exciting teams (with scope to move between the teams over time, if desired):
- Offshore Structures: Design offshore wind farms, whether floating or fixed, from concepts through to operation; develop greenfield and brownfield designs, strengthening modifications and repairs, and life extension plans for ageing structures; support decommissioning projects; and perform advanced analysis on wind turbines, topsides and jacket structures.
- Subsea and Pipelines: Carry out design, advanced analysis, and integrity management of a variety of pipelines: from H2 pipelines and CO2 pipelines, to traditional hydrocarbon pipelines, and considering aspects such as pressure containment, strength, fatigue, local buckling, span assessment, and decommissioning.
- Fluid Mechanics: Carry out advanced Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) for a broad spectrum of clients and industries, including oil & gas, offshore wind, and infrastructure, working with experts to provide consequence modelling and risk assessments, such as dispersion, fire and explosion modelling, among a range of other services.
What you can expect
We think about your future. We’re seeing more graduates moving into senior roles, faster, and we’re not going to lose momentum. With the structured development programme we’ve designed for people like you, you’ll be on the road to career success. Learn new leadership skills and capabilities from industry professionals at Kent and structured training sessions we’ve planned for you. Build a future in a diverse company that has a real passion to see you develop. We also have a variety of benefits available, including:
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible holiday (buy & sell)
- My Discounts Plus (discounts from shops and retailers)
Who you are
Hardworking, curious, and passionate. We revolve around team working, so you’ll need to be comfortable working collaboratively and alone . Our Graduates should also embrace diversity, equality and inclusion in everything they do. You should be a recent graduate with a master’s degree in Civil, Mechanical or Structural Engineering. Other qualities we like to see in you are:
- A drive to develop
- Motivation to challenge yourself
- Keen to seek out new opportunities
You matter. Whatever your culture, skill, language, age or identity. A diverse workforce is the catalyst for success. We work hard to drive awareness on diversity and inclusion across our business, changing perspectives for the better. Celebrating character and creating a culture where everyone feels a sense of belonging with us.
Who we are
We are Kent. We design, build and maintain the assets that power the world. For over 100 years, we’ve delivered sustainable energy, and we’re taking that to a whole new level. Our goal is to be the global leader in integrated energy services, and we need you to help us get there. Sustainability and innovation are at the forefront of everything we do
Driven by the energy of our team, we employ and empower the best. Our values drive our business. Define what we do. We’re being the best for ourselves, our clients, our partners, the communities we operate in, and the planet.
We play big. We thrive on emotional agility. We are fanatical about performance. We are built on infinite thinking.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :engineering jobs london mechanical engineer kent
People who applied for this job also applied for:
KPMG 2023 Consulting Programmes
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire, Nationwide
Risk Graduate Scheme
Lloyds Banking Group
South West, London, West Midlands, Scotland, Yorkshire, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Halifax, Leeds
Graduate Data Management Consultant – paid to train
£34k Starting Salary
Business Development Graduate - Heathrow
£30,000 + Area Allowance
Civil Design Engineering Graduate Programme
Babcock International Group
South West, Plymouth
Corporate Banking & Markets Graduate Scheme
Lloyds Banking Group