Supply Chain & Operations Graduate
Are you looking to build a supply chain career in the Grocery division of a diversified, multibillion organisation? Associated British Foods is an international food, ingredients and retail group with sales of £13.9bn, 133,000 employees and operations in 53 countries across Europe, Africa, the Americas, Asia and Australia. Our purpose is to provide safe, nutritious, affordable food and clothing that is great value for money. We are grouped into five business segments: Sugar; Agriculture; Retail; Grocery; and Ingredients.
Our Grocery division is a major manufacturer of branded products, many of them household names such as Twinings, Patak’s, Silver Spoon, Dorset Cereals and Kingsmill. Supply Chain is integral to the success of our market-leading brands, as it enables us to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
Join us in a Supply Chain graduate position and you’ll spend your first two years at the heart of our supply chain, gaining insight into the end-to-end food manufacturing process, from sourcing of ingredients through to production planning.
You’ll be based in one of two grocery businesses:
- Westmill Foods is one of Europe’s largest specialist food companies. A manufacturer and supplier of authentic Asian and Afro-Caribbean food, we serve the chefs and owners of restaurants and takeaways as well as offering a diverse consumer portfolio. Some of our best-known brands include Green Dragon, Lea & Perrins.
- AB World Foods is an international branded business with around 700 employees working across eight geographical hubs. Our mission is to inspire people to explore the incredible flavours of the world. Our portfolio of brands includes Pataks, Blue Dragon, Levi Roots, Al’Fez and TABASCO®.
What you will be doing
Over the course of your first 18 months to two years, you will progress through a series of placements in your business area that could cover manufacturing, continuous improvement or production planning, to name only a few. These experiences will enable you to learn from the ground up, creating a solid foundation for your longer-term career with us. The challenges and responsibilities you’ll take on will be wide-ranging. For past graduates, these have included:
- Contributing to operational and strategic development projects
- Optimising operational performance on production lines using continuous improvement methodology
- Assessing, investigating and recommending activities designed to improve process efficiency and product quality, and reduce supply chain risks
- Ensuring that all products are manufactured to the specified quality in a safe and hygienic manner
- Maintaining high safety standards in support of our ‘zero harm’ strategy – proactively identifying hazards and opportunities
- Working on Supply Chain investment projects focusing on everything from new factory technology to safety and environment improvements
How you will grow
While we encourage you to drive your own career development, we also make sure you are fully supported along the way. From day one, you will be doing a real role with real responsibilities, which will enable you to pick up valuable experience and skills. You will also benefit from a thorough onboarding programme, continuous development, ongoing networking opportunities and business support to progress – plus there will be plenty of people to guide and advise you on your path.
What you will need
We’re looking for graduates who are driven, curious and highly adaptable. Your degree could be in any discipline, although STEM subjects would be an advantage for some of our locations. What’s essential is that you are passionate about making a difference to the well-loved food and drink brands you will be working with every day. You also need to demonstrate our early career talent competencies, which are:
Drive & ambition - Demonstrates a wide range of leadership qualities; Engages a team in completing tasks, setting high standards for themselves and others; Is passionate, resilient, and learns from their mistakes
Analysis & judgement – Inquisitive and challenges the status quo and can see both the big picture and drill down on detail; Able to make quick, sound decisions based on strong analysis of numbers and data
Humility & authenticity - Clear and effective two-way communication; Demonstrates empathy, values difference and self awareness; Considerate of their own impact and adjusts their style; Can build credible relationships in a down-to-earth way
Learning & growth - Actively questions and is open to feedback; Can recognise gaps in their own performance and owns their development plan; Effectively adapts their approach according to new learnings and feedback; Proactively expands their knowledge and experience.
Ready to start building a career at the forefront of the food industry? Apply now
You must have the right to work in the UK and be available to start with us in mid-September 2021. The role rotations may be in different parts of the country, so willingness to relocate will be considered.
Associated British Food
Associated British Foods is an international food, ingredients and retail group with sales of £13.9bn, 133,000 employees and operations in 53 countries across the world.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :chain operations graduate associated british food
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Consulting Graduate Scheme - Summer 2021
£32,000 year one salary, rising to £40,000 in your second year
Business Analyst Graduate Programme
Sponsored Graduate Trainee Programme 2022
Project Management Graduate Programme
Graduate Marketing Executive
£28000 to £35000 per annum
IT Graduate Recruitment
Audit Graduate Programme - Autumn 2021
South East, London, West Midlands, North West, Scotland, Yorkshire, Watford, Aberdeen, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Manchester, Reading