Tax Industrial Placement (Specialist Tax) - September 2023
Overview of the Tax service line
At Mazars we'll help you build on your expertise, experience and ambition to develop a rewarding and successful career. We want you to be yourself, to bring your ideas and creativity and to feel inspired as part of our national tax team.
We provide bespoke advice in all areas of taxation, helping our clients to navigate the complexities of tax codes, often in multiple jurisdictions, and to help them ensure they are fulfilling all their obligations and paying the correct amount of tax. In this way we help them to manage an area of significant financial and reputational risk and to make properly informed decisions about their tax position whether they are an individual, a business owner or a corporate organisation. We also help clients resolve any disputes they have with the tax authorities as swiftly as possible.
We cover every aspect of taxation for clients, whether on employment, corporate profits or gains, movements of individuals or businesses from one country to another, international transactions or on personal income, gains or wealth.
An introduction to our Specialist Tax team:
The Specialist Taxes team provides advice and support to our clients in specific niche areas of tax. The main areas you will have an opportunity to work within are as follows:
- Expatriate tax – helping organisations plan international assignments and to manage their cross border workers, from supporting them with immigration requirements to helping them structure cost effective reward packages and ensuring that they satisfy all overseas reporting and filing requirements.
- Employment tax – helping organisations grow, mitigate and manage their risks more effectively. They do this by helping enhance employee reward, reducing employer costs and putting more robust governance controls on key tax risk areas in place.
- Tax Investigations – matters ranging from individual tax disputes, to large, complex and high profile cases. They help individuals, companies and trusts selected for investigations, as well as proactively working with companies to support them in managing their reputational risk, given the increasing complexity of their reporting and filing requirements.
We are now operating a hybrid working model, so as a trainee you will split your time between working from home, visiting the office, client sites when required or studying for your professional exams.
We will operate a rotation based training regime that will allow you to spend between 6 and 9 months working in different specialist areas before rotating on to the next one. In this way you will gain a broad understanding of the specialist services we can offer to our clients, the value of this advice to them and their businesses and the way that the different streams of work interact with each other and with the wider tax practice. As part of your rotation scheme you will the opportunity to work within another business area within in our tax service line outside of the specialist team.
By the end of the final year you will have a deep understanding of 3 or 4 specialist areas of tax that will help you in deciding which area you would like to focus on in the next stage of your career.
If you are offered a permanent role to return at the end of your placement, you will re-join as a second year after completing your degree.
- Interpersonal skills; the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
- Analytical skills; the ability to think critically, research and solve problems.
- Attention to detail and strong time-management skills.
- Commitment to self-development & learning.
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity.
- Teamwork; the ability to function and contribute effectively as part of a high achieving team.
Strong academic performance is important; however, we understand that things don't always go to plan. Our recruitment process looks at your whole self – academic achievements as well as other experiences in which you have grown and developed. We balance your academic results alongside the aptitude assessment within our recruitment process to ensure that you will be successful in your role with us.
We will fund your study towards the combined ATT/CTA qualification.
You will receive a full study package to ensure that you successfully complete your professional qualification. This includes time off to study, attend college and complete online courses. Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training.
You will be supported by an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track. You will also be allocated a buddy, who will support you to settle into the team and navigate your first year at Mazars.
- Annual Leave +
- Charitable Giving
- Dental Insurance
- Wellbeing Benefits
- Virtual GP
- Cycle to Work
- Gym Discounts
- Life Assurance
- Flexible Benefits +
If you are interested in a career in professional services, we can offer you an exciting head start by joining one of our trainee schemes for school or college leavers.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :banking jobs manchester finance jobs manchester tax industrial placement september mazars
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Tax Industrial Placement (Privately-Owned Business) - September 2023
South West, Bristol
Tax Graduate Trainee (Privately-Owned Business) - September 2023
North West, Manchester
KPMG 2023 Actuarial Graduate Programme
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire, Nationwide
Finance Graduate Scheme
Lloyds Banking Group
South West, London, Bristol
Graduate Recruitment Executive
£20k to £23k base with £30k to £45k OTE in year 1
North West, Manchester
Finance Industrial Placement - July 2023
Bakkavor Group plc
London, East Midlands