TJX - Information Technology European Graduate Programme
- Competitive plus benefits
- London, Watford
- Apply by:
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Open to the latest discoveries?
Become a leader of innovation in one of our Build or Product teams.
Who is TJX Europe?
You might not have heard of TJX Europe, but you’ve probably heard of our brands – TK Maxx and Homesense. We’re part of the world’s leading off-price apparel and home fashions retailer – TJX Companies, Inc. We’ve an annual global turnover of over $35bn* and our business just keeps on growing.
IT underpins all our business activities, fuels our growth, and provides the technological solutions that enable us to deliver outstanding value to our customers while helping us grow.
As a graduate within our IT teams you will partner with functions across the business, support different projects, work with a variety of colleagues and gain a wealth of technical expertise and business knowledge.
You’ll be supported by experienced colleagues, but with real accountability from the beginning – whether that’s fixing live issues, building automated tests or developing new features.
As part of our comprehensive induction you’ll learn more about life beyond IT. Sure, you need to know the tech, but we never lose sight of the bigger picture! You’ll visit a Store, one of our Processing Centres and work alongside colleagues who use your team’s products.
After your induction you’ll be up and running in your technical role, growing your responsibility.
On completion of the programme, you’ll be equipped with key skills and an understanding of how technology plays a vital part to the success of our unique business. There will be many opportunities to move onwards and upwards within the business and we will work with you to find a role that’s right for you.
The skills you’ll need
• Computer Science / IT Computing degree (or related Maths, Science or Engineering degree with relevant practical experience)
• Passion for how technology drives business improvements and enhances customer experience
• Curiosity for identifying better ways of doing things and a collaborative mindset to challenge the status quo
• We don’t mind whether your forte is Python, HTML, mobile development, ERP applications, database technologies, data visualization or even Excel! What’s more important is that you have a good understanding of software, and a passion for using it to make a difference.
Alongside the requirements listed above, if you have European language skills – particularly German or Polish – that would be great. And if you’ve lived and worked in mainland Europe, even better. In a business like ours, these are great assets to have.
*Fiscal year ending January 30, 2018
Sign up for job alerts - its free