TJX - Product Development European Placement Programme
- Competitive + benefits
- London, Watford
- Apply by:
- Start date:
- Job type:
Open to discovering a new challenge?
Become essential to ensuring our billion-dollar business stays on top of market trends.
Who is TJX Europe?
You might not have heard of TJX Europe, but you’ve probably heard of our brands – TK Maxx and Homesense. We’re part of the world’s leading off-price apparel and home fashions retailer – TJX Companies, Inc. We’ve an annual global turnover of over $35bn* and our business just keeps on growing.
Product development is vital to achieving this goal, as it helps make sure that we stay on top of market trends.
Our Product Development Placement Programme
You’ll gain exposure to all areas of Product Development including Product Design, Buying, Garment Technology and Private Labels. You’ll gain a unique insight into how we buy at all levels of the market, for fashion, trend, colour direction and value, from all kinds of vendors from big names, designer labels and top brands to up-and-coming labels.
The only thing that’ll match the pace of your role and development will be the pace of our business. You’ll be responsible for delivering key insights to our Product Development business as well as the relevant buying teams, playing an integral part in how we deliver the right combination of brand, fashion, price and quality to our customers.
The experience you’ll gain
Ultimately, you’re not only looking to start your career. You’re looking for an unforgettable journey. You want to be part of something huge. Something global. A 12-month Product Development placement with TJX Europe is where it can all begin.
Wherever your placement takes you, you’ll get lots of training, both on and off the job. So you can expect plenty of practical opportunities to put your new abilities to the test and see the difference you can make.
The skills you’ll need
• Studying for a degree related to fashion/textiles/garment technology, design and/or development, or be able to demonstrate that you have gained a deep understanding of these areas through your experience
• A knowledge of fashion and apparel trends and a developed sense of clothing, textile or garment design and construction
• The ability to think both creatively and commercially
• A strong sense of curiosity and self-initiative
• The resilience to thrive in an environment where you’ll manage multiple priorities at once
• Experience of CAD-based packages including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign would also be beneficial
Alongside the requirements listed above, if you have European language skills – particularly German or Polish – that would be great. And if you’ve lived and worked in mainland Europe, even better. In a business like ours, these are great assets to have.
*Fiscal year ending January 30, 2018
Sign up for job alerts - its free