UHY Hacker Young is a Top 15 firm of Chartered Accountants based near Tower Hill in the City. We are ambitious people, united in our mission to be exceptional accountants and business advisers delivering seamlessly integrated client service.
Through our UHY network we harness global intelligence and combine this with local presence and knowledge to share technical and commercial insight.
The overview of the department;
• Deliver an external audit service and bookkeeping services to a range of clients in a range of sectors.
• Assist managers in the planning and completion of audit and accounts work and to lead audit fieldwork on a variety of clients;
• Undertake and seek to achieve the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) qualification
As a trainee, your typical daily duties will include;
• Checking or analysing a client’s financial information, purchase and sales invoices;
• Checking or analysing bank balances and bank statements;
• Reviewing client payroll records for accuracy;
• Ensure sound knowledge of a client and its industry by researching background information and useful publications;
• Develop communication skills and build relationships with key stakeholders;
• Utilise audit and accounting software;
• Attend client meetings and social activities;
• Develop and apply technical knowledge gained from studies and on the job experience;
• Attend in-house technical training as required;
• Ensure timesheets are completed on a weekly basis.
The working week: 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday) to be worked from 9.30AM to 5.30PM with occasionally some flexibility of hours to meet specific work demands
Location: Your principal work base is our London Office. However, you will be required to spend time working at client premises and studying for your professional examinations
• The firm provides full support, study leave and tuition costs, for the first attempts at all the exams and assessments that go towards the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) qualification. With first time passes, it takes three years to complete your studies. Tuition is given by one of the leading external providers.
• We also provide practical training internally. Immediately on joining us, you receive two weeks of training in accounting, our business language, and in auditing. This lays the foundation for your first year’s practical experience.
• Study Package, including TOIL (Time off in Lieu)
• 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
• Discretionary Christmas shutdown not counted as part of holiday entitlement
• The ability to ‘purchase’ extra days leave in salary sacrifice
• Private medical insurance at discounted rates
• Private dental cover at discounted rates
• Subsidised corporate gym membership at Fitness First
• Life assurance (4x salary)
• Season ticket loan (for travel)
• Childcare voucher scheme
• 2.1 degree or AAT qualified;
• Minimum A-levels, B,B,C grades (or equivalent and excluding general studies);
• Grade B or above in GSCE Maths and English Language (GSCE or equivalent).
• Ability to work hard to complete near term tasks;
• Energy, stamina and persistence in achieving longer-term objectives.
• Conscientious and properly completes tasks
• Willing to put the needs and interests of others (including “work”) before personal needs
• Maintains standards and completes tasks in difficult circumstances
• Remains stable and self-controlled under stress
Initiative and Adaptability
• Willingness to adapt to and change in new circumstances
• Ability to identify new or different ways of doing things
• Active in taking steps to make sure things happen
• Consistent or improving record of academic attainment over time
• Application to “weak” or “disliked” subjects and courses
• High levels of achievement over a diverse range of subjects
• Learning well in a difficult or challenging environment
• Success when in a position of responsibility, ensuring that a team or group works together and achieves its purpose; or contributing to a group in a similar way
• Organising a group, allocating tasks
• Setting, monitoring and achieving aims
• Resolving disputes and difficulties
• Ability to influence and persuade others
Understanding of the Profession and the Job
Well researched, enthusiastic and knowledgeable on;
• the work and role of the auditor and bookkeeper
• the challenges of the exams
• Successful involvement with customers; putting the customer first
• Successful working relationships with colleagues
• Applying or improving procedures
• Measuring or improving performance
• An appreciation of the strengths and weaknesses of businesses or organisations that they have been involved with
• An understanding of what it takes for a business (or other organisation) to be grow, and an ability to put that understanding into practice
• A successful involvement in sales or marketing
• Successful self-promotion (e.g. in obtaining elected office)
To apply, please click on the link below.
UHY Hacker Young
UHY Hacker Young are a progressive group of chartered accountants that have a strong national and international network.
Sign up for job alerts - its free