Wiley Edge - Graduate Software Engineer - London
Want to start your career as a Software Developer?
Paid graduate training, ongoing support, and opportunities at leading global employers – the Alumni graduate program gives you everything you need. (And don’t worry, there’s no training bond. No exit fees, no hidden catches).
Here at Wiley Edge, we pair great graduates with brilliant global businesses. Our clients include tier-one investment banks and other organizations across a range of industries, from insurance to healthcare to travel.
What you’ll do:
- As a software developer with Wiley Edge, you’ll build complex applications in a global team environment.
- You’ll love seeing the impact you make when code you’ve written launches to the people who need it. If you stay on the lookout for new ways to get better results through software development, you’ll become an asset to your team.
How the Alumni program works:
1. Apply via the link
2. Complete our online assessment process.
3. Get trained at Wiley Edge Academy in an online class for 4-8 weeks with other graduates. Focusing on either Java, C++, Q & KDB+, C# & .NET, or GoLang, depending on which coding languages our clients are looking for at the time.
4. Join a Wiley Edge client for 12-24 months while receiving support and salary increases every 6 months.
5. The vast majority then convert to permanent employees with the client at the end of the program.
What you’ll learn at the Wiley Edge Academy:
- How to design, develop, and test a full-stack application.
- How to demonstrate professionalism, including communication skills and personal interactions.
- How to explain industry concepts at a high level.
- An understanding of monitoring, supporting, and troubleshooting, and how it ties into good development processes.
What you need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related STEM subject (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths) or relevant experience (e.g. software development bootcamp)
- Good grades. We look for potential, not prestige, but it’s important that you enjoy pushing yourself to pick up new ideas.
- Experience with OOP (object oriented programming).
- Solid knowledge of software engineering principles (data structures, OOP, design patterns, multithreading).
- Skills in troubleshooting and debugging.
- Knowledge of database concepts (SQL, stored procs, schema design).
- An understanding of the formal SDLC (software development lifecycle).
- An understanding of test-driven development.
- The successful candidate must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK
What you'll get:
- Fully paid, in-depth, interactive training in small classes with graduates like you. Our training is created and delivered by industry experts who know your field inside out.
- A generous graduate salary
- Pay rises every 6 months to reflect your progress.
- A flexible benefits package including gym membership.
- Ongoing training and support.
- Valuable industry experience. Ultimately, a foot in the door to build your career in an in-demand niche.
How to apply:
1. Apply via the link and tell us a bit about you.
2. Complete the online assessment (we’ll send you a link by email).
3. Complete the interviews with our friendly talent team over phone and video.
4. Lastly, you’ll interview with one or more of our clients.
So you don’t miss out on your dream job, we encourage you to be open to relocating.
We take great pride in celebrating the diversity of each and every individual who contributes to making Wiley Edge the company it is today and will be in the future. We value diversity both within Wiley Edge and with our partner companies, and we're proud to provide an environment where all our colleagues can flourish. That means promoting a strong culture of equality but, most importantly, inclusion. We never want people to change - only add to the amazing mix of people that work for Wiley Edge.
Click here to apply, or use the 'Apply Now' button below.
Wiley Edge is a graduate talent partner, working with a range of clients from global investment banks to up-and-coming FinTech’s, to provide them top technology and banking talent.
Elsewhere on graduate-women.com
Related :engineering jobs london computing & it jobs london wiley edge graduate software engineer london
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Wiley Edge - Graduate Software Engineer - UK
South West, London, North West, Scotland, Nationwide
Graduate Software Developer (No coding experience required) - TPP
Wiley Edge - Graduate C++ Developer - Heathrow
NEW IAG Tech - Graduate Scheme 2024
Up to £30,000 (UK)
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire, Nationwide, Republic of Ireland
Applications Engineer – Heathrow
£33,000 + Area Allowance (£2,700 per annum for Heathrow)
Wiley Edge - Graduate Software Engineer - Bournemouth
South West, Bournemouth