Other applicable terms
Please see also the terms of our disclaimer.
Information about Us
www.graduate-women.com is a site operated by graduate-jobs.com UK Ltd ("We"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 03928623 and have our registered office at our main trading address which is Work.Life, Brown Street, Manchester, M2 1DH. Our VAT number is 832756220. We are a limited company. We are registered under the Data Protection Act, registration number ZA127246.
Accessing Our Site
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site, to users who have registered with us.
When using our site, you must do so responsibly and in compliance with our principles of acceptable use as set out below.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
Principles of acceptable use of our site
(A) Prohibited Uses
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt (i) any part of our site; (ii) any equipment or network on which our site is stored; (iii) any software used in the provision of our site; or (iv) any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
(B) Content Standards
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site ("contributions"). You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole. Contributions must:
- Be true and accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Based on your own experience.
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Duplicate previous or existing contributions by use of multiple registrations or logins or any other means. You may submit each contribution once only.
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age or on any other unlawful grounds.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Contain advertising, spam or off-topic material.
(C) Interactive Services
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation, forums or blogs. Our Interview Bank is an interactive service.
We advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (e.g. telephone number, postal/home address or email address) on any interactive area of our site.
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
(D) Contributions incentivisation
From time to time we may run an incentive scheme for users to add contributions to our site, for example in relation to our Interview Bank scheme. To be eligible to enter and benefit from the incentive, regardless of what the incentive may be, your contribution must comply in its entirety with our principles of acceptable use of our site as set out in these terms. Our decision as to whether your contribution is compliant is final and no discussion as to your compliance will be entered into.
(E) Suspension and Termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of our principles of acceptable use of our site and may take such action as we deem appropriate. This may include but is not limited to:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Uploading Material to Our Site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload material to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you warrant that any such contribution complies with our principles of acceptable use as set out above, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
Any material you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our site.
Reliance on Information Posted
Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Our Site Changes Regularly
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Please see the terms of our disclaimer.
Viruses, Hacking and Other Offences
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Linking to Our Site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in principles of acceptable use which appear above.
If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please contact us.
Links from Our Site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Intellectual Property Rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our site although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact us.
Thank you for visiting our site.
Payment terms and conditions (for recruiter services only)
Please note this section only applies to customers using our recruiter services, such as advertising roles on our site as described on our services page. Accessing our site, whether as a guest or a registered user, is otherwise completely free of charge.
- Payment is due within 30 days of the invoice. In the case of late payment interest will accrue day to day at the rate of 8% above the official dealing rate of the Bank of England in accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial (Interest) Act 1998.
- All rates quoted are exclusive of Value Added Tax which shall be added at the applicable rate.
- Access to the website can be removed at the discretion of graduate-jobs.com UK Ltd and subsequent reinstating of the service is at the discretion of graduate-jobs.com UK Ltd.