High Speed Two (HS2)High Speed Two (HS2)
HS2 will be the nation’s new high-speed rail network, connecting North and South. But it’s much more than just a railway. It’s a way to make new connections and unlock possibilities.
Bringing Britain’s cities, businesses and people closer together, HS2 will create jobs and sustainable economic growth that will be felt well into the next century.
You are thinking about what your future will hold. With HS2, you can shape a future that is truly extraordinary. You’ll help make one of the biggest, most complex and ambitious projects happen.
Our graduate programmes offer you a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to start your career as you mean to go on - by embracing expertise, fulfilling your potential, and achieving things that will stand the test of time.
HS2 is a long-term project that will last for a generation. And it will define the generation that works on it. This is about much more than building and construction. It’s also about business, technology, communications and design - and our programmes reflect that.
We offer graduate programmes in Civil Engineering, Corporate Affairs, Project Management , Finance, HR and IT. Whatever area you choose, you’ll work with world-leading experts and cutting-edge technology. This can be the fast-track to an incredible career, and open doors to a world of opportunities. As you grow, you’ll enjoy scope to bring your own ideas to life.
Your success matters to us. So we’ll give you excellent support and opportunities to develop skills, knowledge and experience - fast. You could benefit from some of the most advanced training around at the National College for High Speed Rail, study for a recognised professional qualification, or set yourself up to gain coveted membership status with leading industry bodies. Every day, you’ll learn something new and stretch yourself in a different way.
We call HS2 the great venture. For you, it will be an unforgettable adventure. And the beginning of a lifetime of achievement.Apply for scheme
Training & Profiles
The first two stages of the selection process are all online so you’ll need access to a computer with a good internet connection. As you progress through the stages, we’ll give you really detailed instructions so you understand what you need to do.
1. First, you’ll complete some details about you including your current qualifications, interests and hobbies as well as answer some general questions about your skills and experience. You’ll also complete a questionnaire to see how well matched you are to HS2. This is a series of questions which asks you about preferences and what you might do in certain situations.
2. If you are successful at that stage we will invite you to complete an online assessment. This will measure your ability in a number of areas - interpreting numerical, written and abstract information.
3. If you pass this assessment you will then have a short phone interview (up to 30 minutes). This will explore some of those initial questions in more detail and we’ll also pick up on some of the findings of the questionnaire that you completed. This is an opportunity for us to find out more about you and decide if you will go through to the final stage.
4. The final stage will be an assessment centre. This will be a full day at our offices in Birmingham. You’ll meet a group of other candidates and take part in a number of exercises, some of them as part of the group and some of them on your own. You'll be assessed by employees of HS2 and some external assessors who are there to bring an independent view and ensure we treat each candidate fairly. We'll send you detailed information if you get through to this stage.
5. If you are successful at the assessment centre, we'll make you an offer for a place on the relevant programme. If you haven't already completed your degree, then we'll need to have evidence of successful completion of this before you can take up your place in September. We'll also undertake some checks on you before you can join us.